Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio 2013 Linux failed intallation

Petros
Novice

Hi everybody,

One of the best things about Intel Parallel Studio was that it simply worked... Installation, upgrading, backwards compatibility, everything simply worked. With this version (2013) I can't get anything to work.

-First I receive a call for the beta version. It installed ok without *any* complain but I couldn't compile any of my old projects! I solved several issues and then things were crashing here and there. I tried to report some stuff to the premium support using the username/password provided as beta tester and it wouldn't log me in. I gave up and went back to 2011 update2.

-Now I decided to try 2013 version (non beta). I try to install it on the *same* computer and I can't. Some of the errors I get is:
1) "sh: 1: Syntax error: Bad fd number" at the beginning

2) Missing optional pre-requisites
-- Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2013: unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Inspector XE 2013: unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013: unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Composer XE 2013 for Linux*: unsupported OS

Even though I use Debian 6 stable (which is supposed to be supported)

3) "error: db5 error(-30969) from dbenv->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch
error: cannot open Packages index using db5 - (-30969)"

4) and finally all parts fail to install, except the new update manager :p

So, for now, going back to 2011 until I can get things working...

Thanks for any help,

Petros

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Heinz_B_Intel
Employee
Hello Petros The problem: sh: 1: Syntax error: Bad fd number" very likely is related to an Composer 2013 installation issue. See http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/328146 for the background and workarounds you can use. The problem only shows up in case you installed the RPM-manager too. Heinz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Heinz_B_Intel
Employee
Hello Petros The problem: sh: 1: Syntax error: Bad fd number" very likely is related to an Composer 2013 installation issue. See http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/328146 for the background and workarounds you can use. The problem only shows up in case you installed the RPM-manager too. Heinz
0 Kudos
Scott_Dawson
Beginner
My Linux installation is failing -- different symptoms than the OP: Please type a selection or press "Enter" to accept default choice [1]: Step no: 6 of 7 | Installation -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Each component will be installed individually. If you cancel the installation, components that have been completely installed will remain on your system. This installation may take several minutes, depending on your system and the options you selected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Inspector XE Command line interface component... ERROR: RPM package installation failed. It may be caused by lack of access permissions or disk quota. Installation cannot continue. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Advisor XE Command line interface component... ERROR: RPM package installation failed. It may be caused by lack of access permissions or disk quota. Installation cannot continue. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Intel C++ Compiler XE 13.0 on IA-32 component... failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Intel Debugger 13.0 on IA-32 component... failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Intel Math Kernel Library 11.0 on IA-32 component... failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Intel Integrated Performance Primitives 7.1 on IA-32 component... failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installing Intel Threading Building Blocks 4.1 core files and examples component... failed -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Finalizing installation... done -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Step no: 7 of 7 | Complete -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for installing and using the Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2013 for Linux*
0 Kudos
Michael_Intel
Hi Scott, Which OS are you running? Can you exclude that the problem is a lack of file system access permissions, did you try to change the target directory of the installation? Regards, Michael
0 Kudos
Scott_Dawson
Beginner
Thanks for looking into the issues I'm having trying to install Parallel Studio 2013 on my linux system. First, I wanted to mention that I also posted on a new topic here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/332567 In any case, I'm trying the installation as root and have changed the target directory for the install to a partition with sufficient space for the installation. Running RHEL5, kernel 2.6-18
0 Kudos
Michael_Intel
Hi Scott, Please post your updates to the new thread you created. I will close this thread. Regards, Michael
0 Kudos