Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel RealSense 3D camera not initializing

Mona_J_1
Beginner

I wonder why every once in a while, Intel RealSense 3D camera fails to start? I have re-installed the drivers and SDK as well as the DCM but still it is whacky and very unpredictable. Any idea what the source of the problem could be? It should be able to run the examples in the SDK in a normal working situation.

http://i.imgur.com/bPmZLvd.png

Well, previously that it couldn't init problem was that only two of the its drivers could be recognized (not the virtual driver) like the following but now all of its driver are recognized and still it can't init. 

http://i.imgur.com/AOeRHS6.png

so I am receiving an init failed message when running the SDK examples. Any pointer for fixing is really appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/ZPX090o.png

Here's the same question asked in StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31126417/intel-realsense-3d-camera-cannot-be-initialized

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Pushyami_K_
Beginner

Hi,

I had the same issue with the real sense. I tried rebooting the system,re-plugging in the intel real sense, re-installing the DCM and the SDK , But nothing worked. What worked for me was to get DCM V1.2 instead of DCM V1.3. I am not quite sure what the problem is, But after I installed the DCM 1.2 I never faced any problems.

Recently, I came across the post below which seems to explain the reason behind "init failed". Please have a  look.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/comment/1829964#comment-1829964

Hope this helps.

Good Luck !!!

Pushyami

0 Kudos
sokha_h_
Beginner

I have the exact same problem.   I tested it with Skype, got the audio but no video.   Then, I removed DCM 1.3 and go with 1.2.   Tested with Skype again.   Got both the audio and video!   Now, time to test the sample RealSense apps.   Everything crashes except the EMOTIONAL VIEWER.  

I also tried the other post suggestion to RESTART the DCM service in 1.3.   No cigar there either.   Hopefully, Intel will release a new driver or something soon to fix this common issues.

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

1) Unistall both the driver and SDK
2) Restart your computer
3) Install both of them while the Camera is attached
4) Test now

After you follow these steps, let me know if you still encounter the same issue. I faced this issue when I was unplugging and plugging the camera frequently to test between different devices. Once I stopped that I never encountered this issue again.

0 Kudos
Kumar__Praveen
Beginner

Hi All,

I was facing the same issue. First I tried to install and then reinstall the application in order to make the Realsense camera alive.Later I after visiting blogs I figure out, this problem occurs whenever Windows 8.1 started and I tried to attached my camera.

I thought to re-run the service for Realsense SDK and therefore I look for running services for the same and try to restart the service. Wow this solution works for me. Now I am able to connect my Camera anytime.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

In using the mainboard ASRock Fatal1ty Killer Z97 i had once the information, that the DCM driver installation was working (with Hotfix problem) and then never. Clean storage, new OS - no chance! ProblemCode -4.

In my new ASUS Maximum VII Hero Mainboard there is a stabilized voltage for USB3.0 in it. I plugged in two USB 3.0 storage devices, I transported big data from one to another and then there I could see,  it's realy USB 3.0 transfer without problems. The ÙSB controller shows me that this devices are using the Windows winblue-Drivers.

When I plugged in F200 connector in this USB 3.0, the device manager opens a USB-Device with normally USB-connection (USB2) named Intel F200 RealSenseCamera. Audio Creative VF0800 is recognized. My BIOS and OS 8.1 are working very well, connecting all devices correctly, but not INTEL F200.

Since buying F200  2 months ago I am looking for any solution and the INTEL Drivers, where I could change in Device manager the drivers for F200 Camera for using USB3.0.  A hardware failure can be exclused, because I had second time shown in the device manager image devices with the 3 devices. But after installing DCM there was always the advice of knowing problem (Hotfix). Upgrading Windows 10 there was shown only F200 Virtual Camera (ksthunk.sys / RealSenseDCM.sys), no RGB, no Depth. Suddenly dissapeared!

When Intel Support will give us correct working drivers in Windows OS??? Advertising promise proper working camera with a lot of possibilities!!!

0 Kudos
Daron_B_
Beginner

Wolfgang F. wrote:

In my new ASUS Maximum VII Hero Mainboard there is a stabilized voltage for USB3.0 in it. I plugged in two USB 3.0 storage devices, I transported big data from one to another and then there I could see,  it's realy USB 3.0 transfer without problems. The ÙSB controller shows me that this devices are using the Windows winblue-Drivers.

When Intel Support will give us correct working drivers in Windows OS??? Advertising promise proper working camera with a lot of possibilities!!!

Same situation here with the same motherboard. We're all waiting on Intel alas.

0 Kudos
john_l_5
Beginner

I'm seeing the same issue. I just got the camera today and most of the SDK examples don't run. When I hit the "start" button it attempts to start the camera and i see the green led go on, but then it craps out and i hear the USB disconnect sound from Windows and init fails. I'm running all the latest drivers as of 1/13/2016.

0 Kudos