Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager issue.

Abdul_A_
Beginner

Hello,

I m using Windows 8.1 OS and I have downloaded the latest version of Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager : intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.41944

and Intel RealSense SDK :  intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r4_6.0.21.6598.

• Intel(R) RealSense(TM) SDK 6.0.21.6598
  • Intel(R) RealSense(TM) SDK Runtime 6.0.21.6598
  • Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Depth Camera Manager 1.4.27.41944
  • Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera 2780

It has installed successfully but after installation its showing this message. Does it really means that RealSense will not work.

Its showing this error in Unity 5.0 :

Unable to initialize all modalities
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
RSUnityToolkit.SenseToolkitManager:OnEnable() (at Assets/RSUnityToolkit/Internals/RealSenseInput/SenseToolkitManager.cs:346)
RSUnityToolkit.SenseToolkitManager:Update() (at Assets/RSUnityToolkit/Internals/RealSenseInput/SenseToolkitManager.cs:590)

The installer detected that this system has a certain Windows* Hotfix installed that is known to cause issues with the Intel® RealSense™ 3D Camera. If you see issues using your camera, install all available Windows* Updates for your system.

After installation some of the samples work and some doesn't works, don't know why its happening. Ya i have installed some windows updates recently. There are no Hotfix i have installed recently. Is it only me or anyone else have this issue.? . Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

The screenshot is OK. Which sample you cannot run? Which app show this error message under Unity 5.0? 

0 Kudos
AKhan57
Beginner

hi,

Can i use my laptop camera for real sense gesture Application Or I have to buy intel real sense camera?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

The Intel RealSense SDK is only for use with the Intel RealSense Camera(s). 

0 Kudos
Abdul_A_
Beginner

Thanks for the reply,

Right Now none of the samples are working... I tried all the C++, C# and Unity samples but none of them work.

These are the messages i m seeing : Init Failed or Device Failed or PXCSenseManager.Init: PXCM_STATUS_ITEM_UNAVAILABLE(In Unity3d)

Should i install previous version of SDK to overcome this or have i done something wrong. Before Hand Viewer was working fine but now even that is not working and i have uninstalled some of the windows updates too.

0 Kudos
eyalfoni
Beginner

Has anyone made progress on this issue?

I have the same problem, Unity quits immediately when I try to run any of the example programs, however briefly the RealSense camera is turned on and the green LED is lit.

0 Kudos