Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Intel RealSense SR300 Hand Tracking Problem

keian_t_
Beginner

Hi,

I installed the SDK and the driver of the SR300 and everything seems to work well with several samples (face tracking, 3D segmentation, etc..) but I'm having a problem with samples that have a hand tracking. Each sample that i open crashes, some samples stop working only when a hand appears in front of the camera. 

I reinstalled the driver of the camera twice and I still have the same problem, it happens also in Unity and Visual Studio. My computer is an i3-3120M CPU with 4GB RAM and wondows 10.

Help Please,

Keian.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Keian, your computer did not meet our RealSense SDK requirement. Please found detail info @https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/doc_devguide_hardware_and_software_requirements.html. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Robert_H_2
Beginner

What is it exactly that is missing in an Ivy Bridge or a Sandy Bridge (which is what I am using) that would cause this code to crash.  Since some of my customers are use AMD processors I hope you are not using AVX2 as this is not in any of the AMD processors. I am concerned as I cannot ask people to upgrade processors to a Haswell or newer from and Ivy Bridge simply to use a Camera. There just is not enough of a performance improvement for people anymore to upgrade at the same rate as in the past and I cannot ask them to switch processor manufactures either. 

0 Kudos
keian_t_
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply. This was very helpful.
I see there is not much I can do but upgrade the hardware.
best regards,
Keian.

0 Kudos
carlos_l_3
Beginner

Sandy Bridge does not have OpenCL and that may be the reason why. It should work with a modern GPU. 

0 Kudos
Tom_R_5
Beginner

Hi together,

I am expiriencing exactly the same issue. 

I installed the SDK and the driver of the SR300 and everything seems to work well with several samples (face tracking, 3D segmentation, etc..) but I'm having a problem with samples that have a hand tracking. Each sample that i open crashes, some samples stop working only when a hand appears in front of the camera. 

But in my case it can not be caused by the hardware. As far as I have checked I am meeting all requirements. I have two Intel Xeon E5-2640, 32 GB of Ram and a AMD Radeon R9 Fury. My operating System is Windows 10 with 64 bit.

Please help me,
Tom

0 Kudos
TedCasDev
Beginner

Any news regarding this problem?
I'm having the same troubles when using the RS300 on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows 10 (i5 3337U,8GB of RAM and Nvidia GeForce GT 740M)

Some of the SDK samples are working fine, the color, depth and IR flows are being displayed correctly, even the face tracking and gaze tracking works great. However, when I run an app for hand tracking, the app automatically crashes.
Maybe is something about any dependence I haven't installed on my laptop?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos