Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Intel XDK 1826 VERY SLOW AT DESIGN

Efrain_C_
Beginner

Since the last update, i can't work with the app due to extreme slow time to add/delete controls, its terrible bad optimized.

Before the update it was ok to work with, so it's not the size of the app or the computer please fix this issue, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your feedback! Your requested is reported to the Intel XDK Engineering Team.

0 Kudos
sharif_h_
Beginner

in new version of intel xdk 1826 is awesome ,,,but sorry to say that its too much slowly ,,, that's why cannot complete project as early,,,so badly request please update this version and fixed the problem,,,, Hopefully as soon as early we get a newer version with speedy design ....  

0 Kudos
luis_l_
Beginner

Same Here, 1826 iis deadly slow when using design mode, unusable, this is with a ssd 4 core 2.8MHz Intel processor. What is astonishing is that not 100% of processor nor 100% of disk access is used, it is just waiting, please stop waiting between operation to be sure that the previous one is finished, do a proper programming of asynchroneous call back.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you would like to go back to 1816, there are some instructions here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/542074. We are working on a new release which is primarily a bug fix version, it will likely show up in a few weeks.

0 Kudos
Efrain_C_
Beginner

Thanks for the support, waiting for the new release.

0 Kudos
DynamicProgramr
Beginner

Are there system requirements or specs for the XDK?  I'm running on an Intel Core2 Duo (2.8GHz) with 8GiB of physical memory.  My app is 7 pages - 3 have jQuery item lists, the other 4 are blank.  When I try to add a widget to one of the blank pages (for example an accordion) it takes HOURS for it to show in design view.  And if I add it by coding, it takes just as long to go back and view it in design mode.  And I'm not exaggerating.  My system reports that the XDK is using 50-70% of CPU processing time.

I have another machine with a quad core processor with 8GiB... it's not much better on that machine.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are some minimum requirements for your machine, but they have to do with the OS, not the performance. You must run on Windows 7 or higher if you are using Windows. Windows XP is not supported nor tested and things will not work properly there. If you are using XP we recommend that you use a VM tool (such as VMware or Virtual Box) to create an Ubuntu Linux machine and run the XDK inside that virtual machine.

Note that if you know how to layout an HTML page with your own CSS, you are not required to use the UI layout tool, in order to use the XDK. That tool is very useful and helpful, but it is NOT a required component for using the XDK to build and debug HTML5 Cordova apps. We are working on fixes to a variety of bugs within the XDK and App Designer (the layout tool). Check the samples, you'll see a bunch of them do not use App Designer.

0 Kudos
Hakim_T_
Beginner

I join my voice to those compaling of how slow version 1826 is, I have to restart it at least 20 times a day to get things at raesonable speed then after 30 min or so, it is dead slow again.

Thank you

Hakim

0 Kudos
Adam_G_
New Contributor I

+1

I'm building a very simple app un the UI designer using the App Framework and it will take around 30 seconds to add a control or to switch the context to a new control.  Saving a JSON data file I'm editing takes over 1 min.  

Please fix this as it has effectively stopped my development with the XDK.

0 Kudos
Htet_M_
Beginner

Even though I used Intel XDK 2248 version, I feel stacking built on Jquery platform. It is very slow response for every single click on UI. My Pc is AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2Ghz, 8 GB Ram, GEforce GT 220 and 1TB HD. After I have completed about 200 pages, I had to wait about 30 sec to 1 min for a single click. One page has about 1000 to 2000 words. Should I upgrade Ram ? or Any tweak to get performance using Intel XDK. I am using Win 7 64bit OS.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

You have 200 pages in the Design View?  Or 200 .html files in your project?

If you have 200 pages in Design View, then you may have a larger problem then slow clicks in the Design view.  How is your app performing on device?  These apps are typically "Single Page Apps" so each 'page' is simply a section of HTML that is hidden or shown depending on what the user is looking at. There are several advantages to this approach.  But one downside is that you are all putting all the content for your app into one single .html document, like trying to jam a whole website into one web page.  For a small or medium app this isn't a problem. But if you are verging on 200 pages, you may to re-evaluate your approach.  

First, be sure to be constantly testing and evaluating your app to see how it performs on a real mobile device.  If performance is becoming a problem, then, depending upon the UI framework you are using, you may want to investigate partials and/or Ajax page loading. Essentially, you'll take some of your pages (or just their code) into external files and only load that file into your own page when the user navigates there.  App Framework and JQM have systems for this.  As does Angular.   It's not hard, but it's outside the scope of the UI builder right now. So you'll have to bear that management burden.

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Kudos
sajad_r_
Beginner

The app designer is too slow.

my system: win 7 professional. Ram : 16 GB. Video card: 2 GB. SSD hard disk. CPU: 10 cores.

Plz fix it before I more to another option.

0 Kudos