Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel XDK 1995 Could not remove scratch dir ON START...

Mika_C_
Beginner

Intel XDK says this error on star:

Could not remove scratch dir:/Users/****/Library/Application Support/XDK/xdk-scratchdir
error:ERROR: Could not read directory: /Users/****/Library/Application Support/XDK/xdk-scratchdir/863a6629-3d39-44a2-b5af-ecbe79a8e4f4/platforms/android/assets/css Error at Object.readDir (/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/core-modules/private/service/http-wrappers.js:17:901) at file:///Applications/Intel%20XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/components/client/project-manager/project.js:17:3314 at _fulfilled (/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/q/q.js:797:54) at self.promiseDispatch.done (/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/q/q.js:826:30) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/q/q.js:759:13) at /Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/q/q.js:573:44 at flush (/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/node_modules/q/q.js:108:17) at process._tickCallback (node.js:393:11)
please remove by hand before continuing

I have reinstalled several times and restarted the computer.

I have Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Any ideas???

I have reinstalled several times and restarted the computer.

I have Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Plus after malfunctions. The emulator gives 404 saying THERE index.html

THANKS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mika_C_
Beginner

any ideas??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This is a known bug with an unknown solution. I've reported the issue in the past and we have yet to figure out what is causing it.

See the error message, at the very end it says to "please remove by hand before continuing," which does work. I've seen this bug on my machine, and following those instructions fixed the issue for me. So you need to delete the offending directory and all of it's subdirectories.

You're on a Mac, so the simplest way to do this is from a Bash shell:

$ sudo rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/xdk-scratchdir

That should do it...

0 Kudos