Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel.exe file won't run

Harrison_W_
Beginner

I downloaded the file onto my computer and when I click it I get the standard message warning me that it's a file from the internet so it could be dangerous etc etc are you sure you want to run it? I hit run and then nothing happens. I'm using the latest version and am using a windows 7 64 bit operating system

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Try now! It is working

0 Kudos
Harrison_W_
Beginner

No it still doesn't work. I can download the exe file but the file won't run

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

You mean the Intel XDK executable to install XDK?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

What is the name of the file you are trying to run?

What antivirus software do you have installed?

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Right-click on  the .exe file and extract it to a folder. Run the setup.exe within the directory (try run as administrator if it causes issues). 

If that doesn't work, it could be that the system does not have write permission on temp. Fire up a command window and enter: cd %temp%

Open windows explorer and navigate to the parent folder. Right click the temp folder and select Properties -> Security tab. If SYSTEM is in the top window, select and make sure it has full control permissions. If SYSTEM is not in the top window, click Edit -> Add -> type SYSTEM -> Check names -> As it as it says it has some names, click Cancel. Pick SYSTEM from the list and give it full control. 

Finally, open file explorer -> type '%localappdata%' -> Open folder named 'Intel'. Are there any XDK related files there?

If there is a folder with two subfolders -> xdk and bin, then your installation was successful. 

0 Kudos
Harrison_W_
Beginner

Pamela-Yeah the executable to install XDK isn't working

John-I have the webroot antiviral software

Anusha-I guess I can try all that but I'm not very tech savvy so I'm kinda scared I'll break something

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I have not used webroot for many many moons, but I remember it being very restrictive. Can you try installing with webroot disabled?

0 Kudos