Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IntelXDK: Path Error for Launch Icons and SplashScreen

igor_m_1
Beginner

Hi, 

I'm currently using IntelXDK release 3522. 

My project is old (is created 1 years ago), and now I changed icon launch and splashscreen. 

I see that size of icons are changed, however remove old icons and splashscreen and add new png files. 

after that, making a new build, an error occured. 

Intel XDK load new files in "package-assets" folder,  but try to load also old files located in "www/src/images". 

I cannot remove all old files , because many sizes no longer appear in the tool-box 

PROJECT --> CORDOVA  HYBRID MOBILE APP SETTINGS - LAUNCH ICONS AND SPLASHSCREENS

so, for example, in "intelxdk.config.wp81.xml" , is auto-generated, but also include old files that I cannot remove: 

[....]

<icon platform="windows" src="images/launchIcon_24.png" width="24" height="24"/>
<icon platform="windows" src="images/launchIcon_434x210.png" width="434" height="210"/>
<icon platform="windows" src="images/launchIcon_744x360.png" width="744" height="360"/>
<icon platform="windows" src="package-assets/ic_launch_50.png" width="50" height="50"/>
<icon platform="windows" src="package-assets/ic_launch_150.png" width="150" height="150"/>
<icon platform="windows" src="package-assets/ic_launch_44.png" width="44" height="44"/>

[...]

For a building right, i need leave old file , in old path www/src/images

How can I remove any reference to this files or path? 

best regards

Igor Milani

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Igor -- use a CODE or TEXT editor (that is, a program editor like Notepad++ or Brackets or Sublime Text or vi) to edit the <project-name>.xdk file in the root of your project folder. Inside of it you'll find entries that look like this:

"icons_": [
          {
            "relPath": "package-assets/ios/icon-small.png",
            "width": 29,
            "height": 29
          },
          {
            "relPath": "package-assets/ios/icon-small@2x.png",
            "width": 58,
            "height": 58
          },
          {
            "relPath": "package-assets/ios/icon-small@3x.png",
            "width": 87,
            "height": 87
          },

Search for the entries that are pointing to the problem files and remove those problem entries from the <project-name>.xdk file.

Obviously, you need to do this when the XDK is closed and you should make a backup copy of your <project-name>.xdk file before making changes to it, just in case you end up with a missing comma. That file is a JSON file and needs to be a proper JSON file or it will not be read properly by the XDK when you open it.

Then, move the icons to the package-assets folder and reference them from there. See this file for an example of how to add additional icons using the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file > https://github.com/gomobile/sample-cocos2d-html5-spritesheet-animation/blob/master/intelxdk.config.additions.xml <

0 Kudos