Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Invalid Binaries on iOS app update.

Sam_R_
Novice

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out, I recently released an app to the app store which was accepted fine. I'm now trying to submit an update and keep getting 'Invalid Binary' whenever I upload the updated app.

Specifically:

Invalid Signature - The binary with bundle identifier 'com.robotmafia.wouldyourather' at path [Would You Rather? Family Edition.app] contains an invalid signature. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

It's a Cordova build from a Construct 2 .capx.

I've double checked all my certificates and also re downloaded them incase they were corrupted in anyway.

I've tried multiple different version numbers as well as CFBundleNumbers (which I'm not entirely sure I'm understanding correctly) 

I most recently just tried to go through all the way from the .Capx with 1.2 vers number in Construct and XDK with CFBundle left blank and still Invalid Binary..

Help! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sam_R_
Novice

Update - So it would seem that it is okay now, I ended up deleting my old  Distribution Certificate and creating myself a new one, that seems to have resolved the situation. 

Not the ideal solution but it worked! Hopefully I wont have to do that everytime now. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Our engineering team is working on Construct2 issues. Stay tuned to get updated information. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
Sam_R_
Novice

Thanks for the reply.

Just to confirm then, this is a known problem on your end and I'm most likely doing everything correctly?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Yes! It is 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sam, there were some problems with the iOS build system over the weekend, those have been resolved. Are you still experiencing issues with this update?

0 Kudos
Sam_R_
Novice

Paul,

I've just tried to rebuild the project from the start and resubmitted my latest build but it has still given me 'Invalid Binary' I'm afraid!

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Can you provide some screenshots?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

There might be some problem with Certificate or Provisioning profile. I would recommend try one our sample first and lets see what goes wrong. Try this sample out https://github.com/xmnboy/hello-cordova

0 Kudos
Sam_R_
Novice

I'm confused, excuse my ignorance, I'm a bit of a newbie. 

What did you want me to try from the Github, your certificates? I have no problem actually building the game, it's when I come to submit it to Apple that I'm getting problems, It will get past Application Loader but once I've hit 'Submit for Review' it changes to 'Invalid Binary' after 5 minutes or so.

Would you like screenshots of my build settings?

0 Kudos
Sam_R_
Novice

Update - So it would seem that it is okay now, I ended up deleting my old  Distribution Certificate and creating myself a new one, that seems to have resolved the situation. 

Not the ideal solution but it worked! Hopefully I wont have to do that everytime now. 

0 Kudos