Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Invalid Serial Number

Jan_I_
Beginner

Hello, I had recently attempted to download the Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows 2017 through the student program and upon completion of the download and multiple hair ripping outs (for irrelevant reasons) the serial number provided via email was determined to be invalid by the installer even after multiple attempts. I had attempted to search through the forums in hopes of a solution, which eventually brought me to the subscription history that showed the active serial number (which was also invalid), but all that was also a dead-end. Please Help me find a solution ASAP....

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Varsha_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jan,
Sorry for the delay. Could you provide me the serial number you received privately on this post?

THank

0 Kudos
Jan_I_
Beginner

Varsha M. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Jan,
Sorry for the delay. Could you provide me the serial number you received privately on this post?

THank

Hello Varsha,

I am happy to announce that the problem resolved itself! The solution ended up being just keep trying the "invalid" serial number until it works, which strangely enough seemed to be the case. Sometimes the simplest solution ends up working, but as a tech. assistant you already know that :)

P.S your guide me function doesn't work, may need to look into that...have a great day/night!

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Since this problem has been resolved, I'm going to close this thread.

If you have a similar problem, please create a new thread to ensure we get to your question in a timely manner.

0 Kudos