Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Is Fortran complier 11.1 still available?

Jay_L_
Beginner

Hello,

Can I still purchase:

Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows* with IMSL* Version: 11.1

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi, Jay.

This is a simple question with a complicated answer. I'll begin with the classic "Yes and No."

For starters, Fortran Compiler version 11.1 is available. That much is simple. If you purchase a product from us you get access to most, if not all, of the older versions of it. Fortran Compiler 11.1 is still available by this method (it is part of Parallel Studio). This FAQ entry may be of use to you on that front.

As for IMSL, it has never been available bundled with Professional Edition. It is, however, still available with Composer Edition as an optional component; when purchasing Composer edition, you will be asked such questions as what type of license you want, what operating system you want it for, and whether you want IMSL. You can find a link to purchase Parallel Studio, as well as a chart detailing the differences between Composer, Professional, and Cluster editions, here. For your convenience: the only components of Professional Edition that are not in Composer Edition are the performance analysis tools: VTune Amplifier, Advisor, and Inspector. If you don't need or want them, you can just get Composer Edition.

But even though IMSL is not available bundled with Professional (or Cluster) Edition, you're supposed to be able to purchase it separately as an add-on. The key phrase there is "supposed to." While investigating your question, I discovered that, as of the time of writing this post, the IMSL add-on is apparently missing from the store. I've alerted the appropriate people and hopefully we'll get that fixed soon.

If you absolutely need Professional Edition with IMSL, and you can't wait for us to fix the store, you can get Parallel Studio Professional Edition without it, and then get IMSL elsewhere. Here is Rogue Wave's website.

Does that long-winded response answer your question?

- Alex

0 Kudos
Jay_L_
Beginner

Thank you Alex, very helpful.

To clarify:

By bundle with composer I believe you mean if I just purchase the composer version, and the install program for fortran 11.1 already include IMSL, while if I purchase profession version, I have to install IMSL on top of Fortran compiler correct? Which means I need a separate IMSL install program, and it's currently not available from Intel. Is there any timeline when I can buy it together with Professional edition? 

If I purchase the composer version, i don't need to worry about the question before since it's bundled, i will lose the function of the performance analysis tools

Is the license key dependent on the versions? For example if I have a license key for 11.1, it might not be compatible with Fortran 15 (or any version upwards), but if I have a Fortran 15 license it's compatible with 11.1 (or any version downwards)? If so, where can I check the version  of license that's compatible?

Thank you,

Jay

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Jay,

I will respond point by point.

"By bundle with composer I believe you mean if I just purchase the composer version, and the install program for fortran 11.1 already include IMSL, while if I purchase profession version, I have to install IMSL on top of Fortran compiler correct?"
Almost, yes. I mean that if you purchase the composer version, you will be asked at the time of purchase whether you want IMSL included in your package (subtle but important detail; wanted to point it out, but otherwise your understanding is correct). If you say yes, when you go to download and install parallel studio, IMSL will be one of the components you can choose to install. But if you purchase professional, you will have to purchase IMSL separately and install it separately.

"Is there any timeline when I can buy it together with Professional edition?"
I don't know when the bug will be fixed. I alerted the appropriate people and got a response saying they'll fix it ASAP, but I don't know when that will be. Could be tomorrow. Could be next week. Could be next month. Could be next year. I really don't know. If I hear back from them, I'll let you know.

"If I purchase the composer version, i don't need to worry about the question before since it's bundled, i will lose the function of the performance analysis tools"
Correct.

"Is the license key dependent on the versions? For example if I have a license key for 11.1, it might not be compatible with Fortran 15 (or any version upwards), but if I have a Fortran 15 license it's compatible with 11.1 (or any version downwards)?"
In general the way our licenses work is that when you purchase the product, you're automatically purchasing the latest version, and you have access to all (or most) of the versions that came before (things sometimes get a little wonky for some of the really, really, really old component versions), and that the licenses are back-compatible. So you just get handed the most recent license and it should work for all the previous versions too. But there are sometimes glitches; Intel support agents - like me :) - can help you if you encounter any such problems.

However, I want to point something out about suite components. Once you buy a suite like Parallel Studio, you can download installers at any time from the Registration Center. You could download an installer for the whole suite (so if you go to download that and select version 2016, you'll get the 2016 compiler, 2016 advisor, 2016 vtune, etc), or you could download installers for individual components. Sometimes older versions are available for components than are available for the whole suite. The version of the fortran compiler you're looking for is one of those. I don't think you'll be able to select the 11.1 version of the compiler if you try to download the whole suite, but it will be available on the dropdown if you try to download just the compiler.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Jay_L_
Beginner

Thank you Alex.

I have a license key for 11.1 but when I try to install it said not valid. Is there someone I can contact with to get more information about that key? I want to know what's wrong with my license.

0 Kudos
Jay_L_
Beginner

I've tried in the intel registration center, the serial number is invalid

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Jay,

I forgot to mention: you can't use the serial number to install versions pre-dating 2016. You have to use a license file. This FAQ may help.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Jay_L_
Beginner

I can use other serial number in 11.1 which it will work.

Is there any number i can reach out to verify my licence number thanks

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Jay, you can send me your serial number in a private message and I'll look into it. Click the Send Author a Message button on the gray bar by my name.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

This issue has been dealt with via private message. I will now close this thread.

If you have a similar question please create a new thread so we can get to you in a timely and efficient fashion.

0 Kudos