Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is it possible to control Excel File with gestures?

shoji_m_
Beginner

Hello.

I'd like to ask if someone knows how I can control Excel File.
Now, I try to modify the Touchless List Box Sample, but I have an issue.
I don't know how I get the access with gestures inside the Excel File in my WPF.

Tanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Probably yes. If you can control Excel File with an application, then you can control it with gestures.

There are two steps here.

First step is to detect the user gestures. This is where you use RealSense, and where you can get help in this forum.

Second step is to do something with the gestures. This can be anything really, so if you want to control an Excel file, you need to think about what you require to do that, independent of RealSense.

At the lowest possible level you could control mouse and keyboard using the Windows API (I assume you work in Windows). Or maybe Excel provides some type of API that allows remote control of the application. No idea if such a thing exists.

In any case, you'll have more luck asking in an Excel forum.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Probably yes. If you can control Excel File with an application, then you can control it with gestures.

There are two steps here.

First step is to detect the user gestures. This is where you use RealSense, and where you can get help in this forum.

Second step is to do something with the gestures. This can be anything really, so if you want to control an Excel file, you need to think about what you require to do that, independent of RealSense.

At the lowest possible level you could control mouse and keyboard using the Windows API (I assume you work in Windows). Or maybe Excel provides some type of API that allows remote control of the application. No idea if such a thing exists.

In any case, you'll have more luck asking in an Excel forum.

0 Kudos
Peter_O_Hanlon
Innovator

You can do this. The way I did it was to create an Office AddIn which handled the gesture recognition (well, in my case it also contained Voice Recognition support).

0 Kudos
shoji_m_
Beginner

Dear all.

Thank you for your kindly advice.

0 Kudos