Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is there any way to increase the DCM service priority at system boot?

Jordan_S_
Beginner

Hiya.

I was wondering if there is any way to increase the start priority of the DCM service at system boot? I use my F200 camera for Windows Hello, but my system always takes a while at "Turning on camera..." because it always seems to initialise every other service before the DCM one. Thus, Windows Hello is actually slower than me typing in my PIN. At least, I think the issue lies with the DCM service startup. I could be wrong.

Any suggestions for this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

I will talk with my colleague and get back to you soon. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndreCarlucci
Beginner

Hi Hiya,

Since the service RealSenseDCM is not in a service group, it will probably (not guaranteed) run following an alphabetical order (bad news).

You can find all the services here: HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/

One way to cheat that could be (I never tried) to add RealSenseDCM service as a "dependency" of one of the first services. Or even create a dummy service called AAA and add RealSenseDCM as a dependency. Since it would be a dependency, it will be forced to run before it.

Find a way to log the real order your services are starting (maybe sysinternals has something to help you) and try this "depend on" trick. Let me know if it worked!

To add a service as a dependency of another service, go to the command line and type:

sc config ServiceName depend=servicetoDependOn

Good luck :)

0 Kudos