Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Issue: XDK Screen painting error

Joe_L_1
Beginner

When I click the Controls button in AppDesigner, the column that should show the list of controls flashes, then the column goes blank. .  The other choices for that column (pages, themes, etc.) work fine. 

I have tried 2 of the sample apps, unchanged, this happens with both.  Right now I am trying the app called MyPrivatePhotos.

However, resizing the window holding XDK, making it smaller, usually corrects the problem.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I have made the team responsible for the App Designer tool aware.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Is it possible you've resized the content area of the Controls to be very small?  There is a thin gray line at the bottom of every pane that can be used to set that panes height. If you've dragged the Controls pane to be very small then that might be why it isn't toggling as you expect, and also why resizing the XDK changes it.

Try dragging that line down to make the Controls pane bigger.

0 Kudos
Joe_L_1
Beginner

Here is an example of the screen painting error--in this case, I clicked only the Orientation indicator..  One click. The video only takes a few seconds, and the problem will be clear.  More fodder for the App Designer folks.

http://screencast.com/t/Qnu8ykJfw5q

0 Kudos
Joe_L_1
Beginner

I just want to note--this was using Bootstrap on Win 10.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the video. Wow, that behavior is awesome. And unreproducible here.  

Do you know what video card or video driver you are using? Does it support any optional 3D acceleration?  We had one report of a similar behavior in Windows 10, but only for a particular video card with some 3D acceleration option enabled. I'll see if I can find the report.

0 Kudos