Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Landscape splash screen error on IOS mobiles

Ibrahim_J_
Beginner

Please check the landscape images it is showing a stretched portrait image using cordova CLI 5.1.1 on IOS.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

Which iOS device are testing on?

Have you added landscape splashscreen? can u attach the splashscreen?

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_J_
Beginner

Hello Rakshith,

I am using Iphone 5s IOS 9.1.

To check this problem build an IOS with landscape target version 8.0 Cordova CLi 5.1.1 test on mobile. The portrait images are showing in the splash screen instead of landscape.

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

ok, the 1334x750 landscape splash screen is not supported in Cordova, the placeholder in XDK is not valid.

Landscape splash is only supported in iphone6+ and iPads. If u want landscape splash for other iphone sizes, u have to create landscape splash and rotate it to portrait and add as portrait splash screen in XDK, let me know if this makes sense? 

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_J_
Beginner

Hi Rakshith Krishnappa ,

A splash screen appears which is stretched then it appears normal after that ? Is there a fix for this please find the attached media for more information

IMG_1162.PNG

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

I looked at your 1334.png, just rotate that to portrait and add as portrait splashscreen in project settings

your 1334.png is 1334x750, rotate the image (not scale or stretch) so that it becomes 750x1334

0 Kudos
Ibrahim_J_
Beginner

Hello Rakshith,

That's what I did yet it didn't seem to work the splash screen opens for about a second in stretched mode like the one i attached previously then it shows a normal splash screen

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

I tried an app with your splash screen image on iPhone6 built with cli 5.4.1, orientation=landscape, fullscreen=yes . Seem to work fine for me, let me know which device your testing on and other settings. If possible send me your zipped project in private message I can look at it.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Might be related to this bug fix under cordova-plugin-statusbar@2.1.3 on this page > https://cordova.apache.org/news/2016/04/20/plugins-release.html <

0 Kudos