Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Lenovo IdeaPad 500

Senia_K_
Beginner

Hi,

I saw the new Lenovo IdeaPad 500 Laptop, yet I couldn't find anywhere what RealSense camera it has.

Probably its the F200, can someone confirm this?

And how about writing the exact camera model with products?

For a very confusing example, Dell's tablet(Venue 8 7000) comes with R100 and not R200, disabling video capture.

Thanks,

Senia.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I googled numerous reviews of the IdeaPad 500.  None of them mentioned the precise camera model.  They did say that the resolution of the camera was maxed at 720p though.  This is the resolution of the R100 (RealSense Snapshot), whilst the F200 is 1080p.  

Best Buy has a page that lists computers with the F200 camera.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/intel-realsense-front-facing-cameras-146390

Edit: it's worth mentioning that the HP Sprout has a front-facing F200 but it points downwards to the scanning bed rather than straight-ahead.  It's also thought to have its own proprietary implementation of the RealSense SDK that may be incompatible with developing apps with the regular SDK.

0 Kudos
Senia_K_
Beginner

Thanks for the comment, yet I still couldn't get answered, as what camera model the Lenovo IdeaPad 500 has?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

"They did say that the resolution of the camera was maxed at 720p though.  This is the resolution of the R100 (RealSense Snapshot), whilst the F200 is 1080p."

I meant by this that the camera in the IdeaPad is most likely an R100 as its maximum resolution is 720p, whilst an F200 camera can do 1080p resolution.  No reviews of the IdeaPad 500 mention the specific RealSense camera model, so the resolution is the best clue that it is most likely not an F200 camera.  Also, the IdeaPad is not listed on the Best Buy page of computers with an F200 in.

0 Kudos