Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

License problem with older products

samet_d_
Novice

Hello, i have a student license for parallel studio xe and i have installed it successfully with the recieved license key but i needed to use an old product such as l_ccompxe_2011.13.367.tgz. I can download it through download center but i am not able to install it with my license key it says: "the serial number you provided is not valid for this product".  Is there any way to install older products with my license?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Yes, you can install older product with your SN however you will need to use license file. This article explains how to manually generate a license file for the system on which you are going to install the software product:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-my-license-file-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

Please let me know if the above helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
samet_d_
Novice

Thanks for the answer but i already have a license file and it is valid when i am using it for 2015 or 2016 versions but when i tried it with the older versions (2011 or 2013), installation is not accepting it. My silent.cfg:

ACTIVATION=license_file
PSET_LICENSE_FILE=/ORTAK/progs/intel_license/license.lic
PSET_INSTALL_DIR=/ORTAK/progs/icc/2011.13.367
ACCEPT_EULA=accept
INSTALL_MODE=NONRPM
CONTINUE_WITH_OPTIONAL_ERROR=yes

and the error: The license file(s) you provided is not valid for this product.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please provide the SN and the system HostID in private message. Use "Send Author A Message" link, do not post SNs and other private information in the open forum.

I will check the license for you.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

This issue was resolved via private message. The thread is closed, however if you have a similar issue please start a new thread.

Thank you,

0 Kudos