Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Login under different accounts

TrevorPT
Beginner

We've started using Intel XDK with our team and so far two individuals have XDK accounts.  We'd like to use a third, central, account for team testing so that the individuals do not have to pass out their login information to other team members.  But, it looks like XDK remembers what account you login as and you can only login under that account.  Is there a way to login under a different account within XDK?

(Intel XDK 1826)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Top right. Click the Account icon, that will reveal the user you are logged in as, then to the left, click the log out button.

0 Kudos
TrevorPT
Beginner

Thanks, John.  I missed that completely; though I looked at the Account dropdown, I didn't see the "logout" button appear.

However, it's no different than the login prompt on starting up XDK: it will only let me log in to my own account and using the team account it says "Username/Password does not exist.".

I did verify that I can login to the XDK website using our team account.  Is there no way to "switch accounts" in XDK (desktop)?

Trevor

0 Kudos
TrevorPT
Beginner

Okay, looks like it was my confusion.  The team account was created on the Intel XDK website, not from the Intel XDK application.  I recreated the team account from within Intel XDK (desktop) and can now login from either my account or the team account through Intel XDK (desktop).  Very confusing account management, but I saw the note that you're cleaning it up and now it makes sense.  Thanks!  Trevor

0 Kudos