Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Lost Devices in DirectX9

alerosmile
Beginner

Hi,

I probably found a bug in a intel graphics driver.
DirectX 9 documentation clearly states: 'All methods that derive from IUnknown are guaranteed to work after a device is lost.'

A DirectX application running on my computer with the following configuration crashes when calling ID3DXSprite::End on a lost device.

Intel Core i3 (2.93GHz)
Gigabyte H55M-D2H Mainboard
using onboard graphics
Windows XP Professional

You can easily reproduce that with running a sample from the DirectX SDK:
SimpleSample.exe -forceapi:9 -fullscreen -width:1024 -height:768
It's important to select a screen resolution which differs from the desktop resolution!

Now press Alt-Tab -> Access violation while calling ID3DXSprite::End on the device which is lost now.

Adding another graphics card (NVidia) to this computer and running the sample application on that device works fine.

Thanks for your feedback,
Roman

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aubrey_W_
New Contributor I

Hello,

The Intel Software Network is a community for software developers and Intel engineers. For hardware and driver support, you can contact Intel Product Support on the following Web site: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support?iid=hdr+support.

Please keep in mind that although the driver has been signed by Intel, it is your motherboard manufacturer or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) that implements manageability features to your system. If you are having issues with such interfaces or problems with the drivers provided for your system, you should refer to your system integrator directly for assistance.

Best regards,
==
Aubrey W.
Intel Software Network Support

0 Kudos