Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Making sure of legal license usage

Simone_A_1
Beginner

Hello,

In 2013 I have bought an license for the Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013. I do not need and have never used the support or update possibilities (exept from this one I suppose).

I would like to know, whether the simple use of the Fortran Compiler is legal use of the license from 2013 or if I should have had an license renewal. For my company it is very important to use only legal licenses. Therefore I would appreciate your answer. Many thanks.

Simone

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Simone,

With the purchase of your license you have also the right of unlimited usage of the product. Support refers to technical support via the Intel® Premier Support and product updates only. With a new product purchase you have 1 year of support included and if you want to contue to get support you need to purchase a support service renewal.

Does this help?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Simone_A_1
Beginner

Thank you very much. That did help indeed.

Follow-up question: I installed Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 on a new laptop (substitute for the old one), but when I want to activate this installation I get the message that the license / support is expired. Which is true, but I just want to reinstall the product on a new machine and continue to use it in the same way as before. Is there any chance I can activate the composer?

Best regards,

Simone

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Simone,

Remote services are not supported for expired licenses, so you need to use the license file to install the product. I sent you the license file of your latest registration.

Hubert.

0 Kudos