Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Manage License

Rydberg__Ulf
Beginner

I am about to upgrade to Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016, currently I have the 2015 version installed. From what I understand I need to use the web page "Manage License". When I enter this page my serial number is correct and there is an edit field where the Host ID should be entered. But here is the tricky part: the Host ID seems to be the MAC address of the network card in use, but I have two different network cards that I use: at the office I use a wired network and at home or at customers I use the wireless network card in my computer. Will it be OK to generate a license from the Host ID of the wired network card and then use it also with the wireless network card? When running ipconfig I will only see the physical address of the adapter in use, at home I can't see the physical address of the wired network card as there is no TP-cable plugged in. Or have I misunderstood the "Manage License" process? I can't remember entering the physical network address (MAC address) for the previous versions of Intel Parallel Studio. I have used Parallel Studio for a couple of years now.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Yes, any HostID number (wired or wireless)  should work.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-find-the-host-id-for-the-named-user-license

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar issue, do not add it to this thread but start a new one.

0 Kudos