Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel license over different nodes

Taimaz_B_
Beginner

Hi;

I have a student license for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux", which I'm trying to use on my university cluster, and be able to compile codes on different nodes. I install the compiler on the head node, which uses the head node hostid, therefore other nodes face licensing issues, as each has it's own hostid.

Any solution for this case?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

In your situation the university might consider purchasing a floating license.  Your Student License is system-locked - please refer to EULA:

https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/c0/5f/Master-EULA-for-Intel-Sw-Development-Products-March-2015.pdf

0 Kudos
Taimaz_B_
Beginner

The university actually has it's own license, but it doesn't work on other nodes too, which is not a new problem. I had to use a student license about 3 years ago, which (I don't know how), it worked on all other nodes too, but I accidentally removed it last week, and it was expired so I couldn't install it again.

I hoped going through a new license would work the same way, but it does not.

Why did it work the first time? Did I have a floating license earlier!?

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

We have changed our licensing model to system-locked. This is the reason your license doesn't work on other nodes as it used to. With the new license you can install your software product on up to 3 systems. 

Regards,

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar issue, do not add it to this thread but start a new one.

0 Kudos