Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Migrate to XDK environment from ASP

Zack_S_
Beginner

Good day,

Don't know if I following the correct approach here... I am a 'seasoned' ASP.NET developer that now needs to move onto mobile as well.The first application that I need to build (migrate) currently allows for capturing of members information and uploading various images to a file space on a server updating SQL in the process. I have already converted the required backend functionality into a WEB API that returns JSON code fine when tested from a browser. Where I now need very detailed help/tutorials is how to do the following:

a. Create Intel XDK app that allows for capturing member data and uploading this via the web api to the server.

b. Ability to capture pictures or select picture from the phone library and upload to the server via the web api.

You can assume that the web api works. The level of detail I need must even include an example of where to put the code into the XDK html index page. I need lots of help here!

appreciate all your help

regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you build an XDK app you are building a Cordova (aka PhoneGap) app. It is much like what you would do if you build a web app that moves most of the UI and interaction with the user into the browser. So the techniques you can use in the browser are largely the same as what you can do in a Cordova app.

There are lots of tutorials and blogs out there about building Cordova and PhoneGap apps, that is the information you are looking for. The XDK is a vehicle to help you visualize, test, debug and build your Cordova app. It utilizes the standard Cordova framework and Cordova 3.x plugins, so anything you find in StackOverflow and other places related to Cordova and/or PhoneGap should apply here.

0 Kudos