Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Missing Intel.Misc.Utilities

Petr_Machacek
Beginner

Hello,

I've just installed update of the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 for Windows (w_ccomxe_2013.4.190.exe) and after this update I'm not able build my programs (under Visual Studio 2010 Professional). Also no dialog box under the VS2010 is possible to display (e.g. Properties, About..and many others) and VS displays this error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Intel.Misc.Utlities, Version=1.0.0.0...." or one of its dependencies. System could not find the file.

I tried to find the assembly (Intel.Misc.Utlities.dll) but it seems it is not present on my PC.

Please, how to fix it? I tried to reinstall (repair) the Intel Parallel Studio but it didn't help.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Could not load file or assembly 'Intel.Misc.Utlities, Version=1.0.0.0...." or one of its dependencies. >>System could not find the file... Could you post a complete text of the error?
0 Kudos
Petr_Machacek
Beginner

Here it is:

Could not load file or assembly 'Intel.Misc.Utilities, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f4875dd4c8d7762f' or one of its
dependencies. System could not find the file.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Try to follow these steps: - Repair or Re-install the Visual Studio - Verify that it is working and compile some test projects - Check for Updates for the Visual Studio on Microsoft Updates web-site and install all of them - Verify that it is working and compile some test projects - Install Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 for Windows - Report if there are still problems or errors
0 Kudos
John_Young
New Contributor I

I had this problem this morning as well with Intel Composer and Thread Building Blocks updates. 

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/393186

I solved it with the following steps

1. Uninstall the TBB building blocks (skip if you didn't apply this update)
    2. Run the Intel Composer C++ Update 4 for Windows Installer and choose modify, unistall visual studio integration.
        At this point, you can open VS and see if the problem is fixed.
    3. Re-run the Intel Composer C++ Update 4 for Windows Installer, choose modify and install visual studio integration
    4. Do not re-run the TBB building blocks update.

0 Kudos
Petr_Machacek
Beginner

So I did these steps:

•  completely uninstalled the Parallel Studio XE 2013 update 4 - after this step it was possible to compile my projects
  • repaired the VS2010 installation
  • checked and installed all Windows Updates
  • installed Parallel Studio XE 2013 Update 4 

Everything work fine now.

To John Young:
You are right. Today I installed the Parallel Studio XE 2013 Update 4 and immediatelly after that I have installed the TBB Update 3 from Update Manager. Then I found the problem with VS2010 and I incorrectly assumed that it was caused by the Parallel Studio XE installation, but now it seems that it was due to the TBB Update 3.

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I installed the Parallel Studio XE 2013 Update 4 and immediatelly after that I have installed the TBB Update 3 >>from Update Manager. Then I found the problem with VS2010 and I incorrectly assumed that it was caused by >>the Parallel Studio XE installation, but now it seems that it was due to the TBB Update 3... You could follow up on a TBB forum and let them know about the problem. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Petr_Machacek
Beginner

>>You could follow up on a TBB forum and let them know about the problem. Thanks in advance.

I have just reported it to the TBB forum as a comment to John's Young topic (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/393186#comment-1737944).

0 Kudos
bronxzv
New Contributor II

John Young wrote:

I had this problem this morning as well with Intel Composer and Thread Building Blocks updates. 

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/393186

I solved it with the following steps

1. Uninstall the TBB building blocks (skip if you didn't apply this update)
    2. Run the Intel Composer C++ Update 4 for Windows Installer and choose modify, unistall visual studio integration.
        At this point, you can open VS and see if the problem is fixed.
    3. Re-run the Intel Composer C++ Update 4 for Windows Installer, choose modify and install visual studio integration
    4. Do not re-run the TBB building blocks update.

great help!, I had the same issue right after installing TBB 4.1 this morning, I'm not using TBB but the goal was mainly to get rid of it in the Software Manager, another bug seems to be that even after installation the status is still "Ready to Install" in the manager

0 Kudos
bronxzv
New Contributor II

Sergey Kostrov wrote:
You could follow up on a TBB forum and let them know about the problem. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure this is an issue only with TBB, it looks more like a wider scope bug when someone install an old patch of a component over new patches of other components, this because components aren't 100% side effect free 

0 Kudos
Vimal_T_
Beginner

Hi,

I ran into this issue as well on my Windows 7 development system. I followed the steps outlined by John Young in order to workaround the issue on my system. With that said, I'd like to work use TBB in my work. So,  are there any fixes available for the problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890

hello

you can use TBB update 3 that is shipped with Composer XE update 4. So run Composer XE update 4 install and select Intel TBB there.

--Vladimir

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
This is simply to let you know that a number of developers experienced that problem grows and there is another report on Intel C++ compiler forum.
0 Kudos