Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Month-Calendar control -- need help

pcurtis
Beginner
I would be very appreciative of a worked example of implementing a month-calendar control dialog in CVF6.5...
TIA
Paul Curtis, pcurtis@kiltel.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Well, it looks as if the answer is "no one did it". All I can offer are few guidelines and remarks (since I did similar stuff but with another controls).

1) Read MSDN chapter. It contains even some samples in C. That would give you an idea how to do it.

2) If you want it to be in a dialog, forget about DFLOGM. You'll have to use Win32-driven dialog, which is not very hard, but if you're not familiar with it... I believe there are samples for Win32 dialog-based applications in DFSAMPLES.

3) In dialog procedure, you'll have to process WM_NOTIFY/MCN_SELCHANGE & possibly couple of other messages... I didn't dig deeply into docs.

4) In order to be able to do 3), messages & constants have to be defined somewhere. DFWIN & rest are not always up-to-date with current MSDN SDK.
Do a "Find in files" in C:Program Files...DFInclude to see whether, say, MCM_SETCURSEL is defined anywhere. If yes, fine -- if not, you'll also need translated C->Fortran file. I might help here, but please let me know so that I don't reinvent the wheel (I don't have 6.5 so couldn't tell immediately).

I know it wasn't very encouraging, but...

Regards

Jugoslav
0 Kudos
pcurtis
Beginner
Jugoslav -- Thx for the reply. CVF6.5 has vastly improved and enlarged Win32 types (DFWINTY), includes all the MCM_* parameters and so forth for this control. I use only Win32API in regular programs, not Quickwin.
0 Kudos