Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Music/Sound-Issue

m_h_
Beginner

I built a game with construct 2 and the audio-plugin. Sound/Music works well in any browser. I exported the game as cordova-project and imported it with Intel XDK. I tested the game on the Emulate-Tab. Sound/Music works well. Then I muted the music and every 10 seconds there was a short disturbing noise (the same as android-app on my phone and tablet).

Do I have to add any special cordova plugin for audio?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

please see this doc page for some reasons why > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-dev-emulator-limitat... Which plugin are you sisng currently? I would recommend referring to this https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/607195

0 Kudos
m_h_
Beginner

I read both documents, but I found nothing to fix my music/sound issue. The short disturbing noise occurs as well on a real android device (not only in the emulator). I'm using the cordova-plugin-device and cordova-plugin-splashscreen.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I would recommend including media plugin from the core plugins list. And rebuilding the application and test it on device.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you building for Crosswalk? Please build your Construct2 games with Crosswalk for best results.

0 Kudos
m_h_
Beginner

Yes I am building for Crosswalk (Cordova CLI Version 5.1.1). I tried the core media plugin, but nothing changed.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
m_h_
Beginner

Yes, I inserted the --ignore-gpu-blacklist option.
I built a little example with Construct2 (only a layout and the Construct2 Audio Plugin, nothing more.). I imported it with IntelXDK (Cordova/Crosswalk for Android) and built an app. The disturbing noise (every 25 seconds) is still there.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

m h -- do you get the same results when you use the Construct2 sample app? I think it is called Space Blaster? It also includes sounds. I recommend using one of the stock samples that Construct2 provides as a comparison, to determine if it is something about your game or something about the system you are testing on.

0 Kudos
m_h_
Beginner

Hi Paul, I tried it with Space Blaster - same result. I will try it on another system this evening.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Interesting, because I can build and run that app on my Android devices without any audio issues.

0 Kudos
m_h_
Beginner

I built Space Blaster on another system and started the app in the emulator. I touched nothing to begin (so there is no music/sound). I can hear this short noise every 25 seconds. Same result on a real device.

0 Kudos
Chandu_N_
Beginner

Which plugin are you using currently? 

0 Kudos
m_h_
Beginner

I' m using cordova device plugin (version 1.1.0) and cordova splashscreen plugin (version 2.1.0). I tried it without both plugins, I tried it with core media plugin - always the same result.

0 Kudos