Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

My app is not receiving internet connection

Solution_O_
Beginner

I am developing a Digital Map and everything is working fine in the Emulator. The app need to connect to the internet to be able to give routing based on user's specifications. However, this is not working on my phone. 

This is a screenshot of the build page and also a screenshot of the routing working in the emulator but it is not working on my phone and my biggest guess is that it is not connecting to the internet because i wrote a script to be returned if it is not connecting to the internet.

Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

I'm not sure if it's going to help or not, but maybe you can try putting '*' for Intent and Navigation and try it quickly to see if it solves the issue.  I'll also consult others and let you know if any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

This was suggested by one of our engineers:

It would also help if you could provide some information about errors you are seeing in the console.

You can do this by using Android Remote Debug for WebViews using either a debug build of your application or App Preview.

This lets you see what error is occurring when getting the routing info on the device.

Also, how do you get the routing info from the service provider, do you use an API, or some plugin?

0 Kudos
Solution_O_
Beginner

Hi Shahab, thanks.

Please to understand the problem i am facing, let me explain and drop these info.

The app is a digital/interactive map. when you visit here you will be able to use the map online using laptop or phone by just visiting he URL. However, i am using the same codes to build the android, windows and IOS app.

However, everything else is working, except the routing on the right where you see get direction. The autocomplete will suggest direction to you and route it when you are using the website. however, i did the same thing on the app but it's not working. It is trowing an error meaning it's not reading the routing api

I've attached the apk file to this

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Solution -- did you try adding the '*' to the intents field in the Whitelist settings part of the Build Settings section of the Projects tab?

Also, CSP rules may be required in your app (in the index.html file). See this article:

The way the Simulate tab and App Preview behave, with respect to network access, is very different than a built app. You must have these settings configured correctly for a built app to work. I recommend you review your Whitelist and CSP rules to insure those are correct.

0 Kudos