Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Naming problem

Mohamed_F_
Beginner

hello every one

i am using Intel XDK for a while and it is fine but when i tried to make a new project which have an Arabic name , the dialog which i write the name in it doesn't accept any Arabic letters it only accept English names

so what is the problem and how to solve it ???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you referring to the name of the project as it is stored on your local disk (the name of the project folder) or to the "App Name" in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab?

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 15.40.22 .png

0 Kudos
Mohamed_F_
Beginner

both of them

the name of the project folder but i named it with English name

the real problem is the App Name in the Build Settings section of the Projects tab when i named it with Arabic name the build failed

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'll ask our build engineer to take a look at that issue. I'm assuming that if you change the name to an English name the build succeeds, so the only change is to the "App Name" field. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Mohamed_F_
Beginner

yes when i build using English name in the "App Name" it works but if i make it in Arabic name the build failed 

0 Kudos
Anthony_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Mohamed F.  

What platform are you trying to build for when the build fails?  Android, iOS or Windows?

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hey Mohamed F.,

Can you take a screenshot of the dialog box? When I name the App name in the dialog box Paul depicted using Arabic and Japanese, Both the dialog box accepts the input and the build tab will build the application. If you're experiencing a build failure, perhaps there is another configuration that is causing the build failure. Can you attach your compile log?

If you're having issues with this dialog box, please use ASCII characters for your project name, and rename your App Name after project creation. The project name entered here is not seen by the user, so you shouldn't have any problems.

New_project_name_and_location.png

0 Kudos