Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Need Help Creating a CSS Page

catherine_anne1125

I am a complete newbie at HTML and CSS. I created a practice web page with HTML using Intel XDK. Now I want to stylize the page using  CSS. MY question is how to I create a separate page for the CSS in Intel XDK.  I know how to create a new page. I opened Intel XDK and saw the name of my existing file. There is also an  option for a new project. When I click on new project, I am given two options for the template-- HTML 5+Cordova Project and   Standard HTML5 Project. I don't see any option for creating a CSS file. Can someone please guide me on how to create a page for my CSS? Also, is  this the proper way to link the css file to the HTML file?

<head>
<link  rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

</head>

Thank you very much

Cathy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Cathy -- we don't have the resources on this forum to help you with learning about HTML5 programming. For that I recommend you use resources like HTML5 Rocks, W3C Schools and similar resources on the Internet. We try to limit our support to debugging and packaging Cordova apps with the Intel XDK on this forum.

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hello Cathy,

Here is a basic XDK tutorial that explain the creation and link of a css file. It not goes very deep but may give you an idea.
The css file creation is manual, not handled by XDK.

Regards

Diego

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Diego - did you intend to leave a link for Cathy?

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Pamela,

Oops, thank you!

Here is the link:

https://www.sitepoint.com/coding-first-cross-platform-app-intel-xdk/

Regards

Diego

0 Kudos