Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Need a help for a project

Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Hey all,

​I bought Intel Realsense VF0800 camera.. I would like to do a project with the the camera.. Can anyone help me with that? I m doing my final year college. Thanks.if possible can anyone help with a small project u did?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have published a large series of detailed step by step guides that may be helpful to you in your project.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/676139

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have published a large series of detailed step by step guides that may be helpful to you in your project.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/676139

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Thanks a lot Marty G.

i found that really useful. and my kind request, do u have any project for engineering students with intel realsense so that i can show my friends and faculty. 

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't have a downloadable demo right now (I hope to release one on the forum soon).  I do have some tech trailer videos on my YouTube channel though.  They are a bit out of date (the avatar tech I've built has advanced hugely since then) but they will act as a useful demonstration to friends and faculty.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sambiglyon

In the latest build of the project, the avatar arms can also be controlled with simple Blob detection of the hands, with 95% of the capability of the Intel RealSense camera's bone joint detection.  This should mean that ordinary webcams should be able to camera-control the avatar arms, acting as an excellent promotion for RealSense with a huge number of users (since they should not need to purchase a RealSense camera to be able to use the RealSense controls).

When the Intel RealSense camera mode is enabled, the project uses the joint detection in the RealSense camera hardware instead of blob detection, and the avatar can not only move the arms with even greater precision but also use both arms independently at the same time.  They are so reliable and accurate that the two arms can be crossed over each other without tracking stalling, enabling the avatar to mirror human arms almost 1:1. 

We hope to release the first proper public promotional trailer later in November.

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Thank u

​if there is any projects please let me know.. It would be so thankful to u.. The project can be in any topic , for just sake of my final year project I need to submit soon. Thank u so much.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Many of the list above requires sr300 whereas I have F200.. Will it support that??and yah thanks a lot for helping me a lot.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I suspect that they probably suggest the SR300 because it's the latest camera, and the F200 is no longer available to buy.  Intel tend to recommend modern specifications as their minimum requirement, when older equipment will sometimes work (e.g recommending Generation 6 Skylake processors when Generation 4 Haswell ones will also work).  It shouldn't take long to give them a try with your F200 and see which ones work.

If you want F200-guaranteed code, most of my guides that have code in them have a full C# script listing that can be copy and pasted into a script file.  I develop with the F200 myself, so can vouch that they work.

Edit: I should add that I offer all of the techniques and code in my guides that I have created as open source without restrictions, so you are welcome to use and adapt them in your own projects for free.

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

​If you want F200-guaranteed code, most of my guides that have code in them have a full C# script listing that can be copy and pasted into a script file.  I develop with the F200 myself, vouch that they work.so u develop with F200? Have u done any code or project with that?? U have any?I mean codes.
can u swn

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Can u send me those please.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Yes, I develop with F200.  I'm currently involved in the final development stages of the first instalment of an episodic PC game that my company is aiming to release in early to mid December 2016.  Most of the custom-built RealSense systems used in that has been published in my guides on this forum, so they are an excellent place to get code for your project from.

I think the most important thing right now is to choose a subject for your project.  Once you have that then it will be easier for me to guide you towards the specific resources that you need.

0 Kudos
AndreCarlucci
Beginner

Hi Vignesh R,

Check out SharpSenses https://github.com/SharpSenses/SharpSenses

I really easy way to use camera features :)

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Thankyou Marty.. I will decide the topic today and let u know soon.. Thank u soo much for helping me..

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Thank u Andre.. Yes that is simple.. Thank u sooo much..

0 Kudos
AndreCarlucci
Beginner

Any time :)

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Hey Marty. Can u help me with a small game using gesture control? Just like moving the hands and playing.. A small game is enough.. That is simple.. I just want to show my project guide a working game.. That's all.. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Samples like that come packaged with the RealSense SDK.  At the location where you installed the SDK on your computer, a folder called 'RealSense SDK Gold' is also created.  This contains an application called 'Intel RealSense SDK Sample Browser'.  When you run this application, you will find numerous ready-made programs in various languages (C++, C#, Java, Unity, etc) that can be run straight away and demonstrate playing with the hands (e.g opening and closing virtual hands, or moving a ball against towers).

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

Hey marty and Andre. I need a help! Can you provide me codes and steps for a small game.? That is a game in which there is a ball, using gesture we are dropping it in a basket. just simple. Can i get? please.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It sounds like what you want to do would be quite simple to do in the Unity game engine.

1.  Create a spherical object representing the ball.

2.  Place a 'Rigidbody' physics component inside the ball and tick the Gravity option in the Rigidbody so that the ball is affected by gravity and drops down.

3.  Create a simple flat floor object for the ball to drop onto so that it does not fall forever.

4.  Put inside the ball a 'TrackingAction' script (it comes packaged with the RealSense SDK) and set it to respond to your hand being in front of the camera.  When the hand is detected, it will override the Rigidbody's gravity effect and allow you to freely move the ball around in the air using your hand.

5.  Set the TrackingAction to activate when a "hand closed" gesture is detected.  So as long as your hand is closed, you will be able to move the ball around in the air without it dropping down.

6.  Also set the Hand Lost condition in the TrackingAction to activate when you open the hand.  When the camera sees your open hand, it will stop tracking your hand and the Rigidbody will re-assert control, causing the ball to drop down.  If the ball is over the basket when you open your hand, it should drop into the basket.

Edit: here's the Rigidbody and TrackingAction settings I recommend.

1.jpg

You can make the boundaries of the area that you can move the ball around in larger by increasing the 'Virtual World' setting from '5' to a higher value.  Do not set it too high though or your ball will travel so far that it disappears off screen.

0 Kudos
Vignesh_R_
Beginner

so there is no codes to be run in visual studio?? Or any scripts?​

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I have added Unity settings above for the Rigidbody and TrackingAction.

I do not use Visual Studio, so I cannot give advice on how to make such a program in that software.  I'm sure it's possible from what I have seen in the example programs packaged with the SDK though.  For simplicity, I believe making it in Unity and then exporting it as a standalone .exe application would be the best path for you (unless your project supervisor requires it to be made in Visual Studio).

0 Kudos