Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

New SDK (v8/2016R1) and DCM's posted

Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Announcing the public release of the Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows 2016 R1 (version 8) now posted at 
https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download (includes full SDK and runtime packages).

A list of what's new as well as the release notes and new HTML documentation are posted. See especially the new 3D scan to Facebook with Sketchfab documentation 

Available on the same download page are the latest DCMs for all 3 Intel® RealSense™ Camera models. (SR300 and R200 are new versions). 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Dragos_Ioan_C_
Beginner

Is it possible to have HD textures applied to the mesh in this build ?

NOT vertex colors, but full RGB texturing.

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Which MW did you use, Scene Perception or 3D Scan? Thanks!

Dragos Ioan C. wrote:

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

When I get to the SDK download page, I'm offered the R5 version from Dec 2015 instead of the 2016 R1.  

1.jpg

Edit: staring closely at the file-name, it says R6 v8.  If the last version was R5, it makes sense that this may be the latest file and it's just the text description that hasn't been updated.  I'll give it a go!

When beginning the download, the next page describes the download as 2016 R1.  This would seem to confirm it's just the initial description on the download page that was out of date.

2.jpg

Edit 2: my Unity 5 project ran without any problems at all after the update to the new DCM and SDK.

0 Kudos
Dragos_Ioan_C_
Beginner

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

Which MW did you use, Scene Perception or 3D Scan? Thanks!

Quote:

Dragos Ioan C. wrote:

Scene perception. Using R200.

0 Kudos
Vinicius_B_
Beginner

I'm having problems with all the demos that use hand data with my F200 camera. All of these demos crashes when a hand is shown in the image.

Does anybody else having this issue?

0 Kudos
hape
Beginner

Dear Intel Developers,

​I just tested the face module of the new SDK v8 with the SR300 camera and observed large improvements compared to older versions of the SDK and the F200 camera, which we're not mentioned in the release notes or in the linked blog article. Before, the face detection and landmark/expression data beyond 1m was very unstable, without confidence or not available at all.

With the new SDK version and the SR300 camera, face detection until 1.2m is very stable and face landmarks/expression data is also available and stable. After 1.2m the face detection is unable to find a new face. However, with the help of the internal face tracking algorithms, the face landmarks/expression data of an already detected face are available and also stable beyond 1.2m until about 1.4m. After 1.4m the data becomes unstable. (These improvements seem not to be available for the F200 camera, surely because of the lower color and depth stream quality compared to the SR300 camera.)

You have my appreciations! Great Job!

hape

0 Kudos
Chris_R_1
Beginner

Vinicius B. wrote:

I'm having problems with all the demos that use hand data with my F200 camera. All of these demos crashes when a hand is shown in the image.

Does anybody else having this issue?

I'm having the same problem. Works fine with previous versions of the SDK. Seems like corruption on the heap when releasing the frame but I'm not sure why this is happening. Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Thomas_I_S_
Beginner

The link for the R200 DCM is broken. When I click the link at https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download, it attempts to take me to http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/8656/intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.1.24.9476.exe, but I get a 404 page instead.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

try https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager

0 Kudos