Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

No Splash screen on iPhone6

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi have a new project recently compiled for both Android and iOS.
All the required launch icons and splash screens are present both in portrait and landscape.

I have tested a numerous devices with different resolutions such as Android phones, iPads etc and all have the relevant Splash screen displayed on startup however the iPhone 6 does not, it has the default Cordova block image on startup. The iPhone is running iOS 9.3.4

Any thoughts please.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nick -- I believe it is missing the 750x1334 splash screen. There is a mistake in the current version of the XDK that removed that splash screen from the UI, it will be fixed in an upcoming release. In the meantime, see the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file in the "hello cordova" sample for an example of how to include that file, at approximately line 260 in that file you'll find something like this:

<splash src="package-assets/ios/default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334"/>

It needs the surrounding <platform> tags to be complete. Get that sample and take a look and try it. Please let me know if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi Paul

Thanks, yes issue fixed.

Have to say it would be nice to have a better management solution for all these different screen and device resolutions. Having to create some many variations is extremely time consuming.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I agree. You can thank Apple for too many options on that point. They should have done it more like Android.  :-)

0 Kudos