Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

No more internet connection after switching to Phonegap build

Markus_T_
Beginner

Hello there,

I use Intel XDK and finished an hybrid App for Android and iOS. The last time I build an Android Version, it was when the XDK still had the support and gave directly the .apk to my download folder. Now it gives me an .zip file I use for building the .apk with phonegap build.

The thing is, now my app has got no Internet connection. I didnt change anything!
The interessting thing is, the iOS App Version got connection with the same source code and settings.

Has anyone an idea?

Much thanks,
Markus

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It is likely due to the whitelist settings along with a change in the version of CLI you are building against. The underlying Cordova framework continues to evolve, especially regarding how external URLs are handled. You'll have to review the Cordova documentation for examples and details.

0 Kudos
Markus_T_
Beginner

Hello! Thanks for the answer! Now I got everything updated, but I got the Errors:

"D/Whitelist( 5512): Failed to add origin http://127.0.0.1*"

and

"W/XWalkCordovaResourceClient( 5512): URL blocked by whitelist: http://www."....

Network Requests are: <access origin="*" />

PhoneGap (iOS / Android / Windows)
cli-6.5.0 (4.3.1 / 6.1.2 / 4.4.3)
cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.2.2

Crosswalk Runtime Embedded 23

Everything should be compatible!?
Thanks,
Markus
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Try building without Crosswalk to see if you get the same error results.

Also, it looks like you need to add some entries to the whitelist. You can inspect the whitelist settings in the config.xml file that was generated during the export (as well as in the XDK interface); the entries that PhoneGap Build sees are those that are written into the config.xml file, that is your "build control" file for PhoneGap Build and Cordova CLI.

0 Kudos