Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Nothing is working anywhere

I've made a game in Construct 2, and it works well when I preview it through Construct. 
But when try it in XDK, nothing works. The emulator only shows a black screen, when I test it, it crashes immediately on start up, and when I try the debugger, it crashes immediately also. So I have no idea what is wrong. I don't have any plugins or anything as far as I know, so it can't be that. 

I don't really know what more to post here so that you can help me, but if you tell me what to post, I'll do it! Thank you.
I'm using XDK 3400

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Have you successfully exported an app to the XDK from Construct2 in the past? It's not clear to me if this is a sudden change in behavior of your app or if you're just starting with the XDK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I tried exporting another small game I made just for fun before, and the emulator was black then too but it worked when I tried it on my mobile through XDR.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The game is a dressup game, with lots of images, and the whole game is in one layout. It seems like it crashes because it's too much to handle or something, because I tried and deleted more than half of the content and then it works. But it works so well when I use it from construct, so it's weird I think. 
The images aren't on the layout when it starts either, so it shouldn't be that much to handle! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

When you run your game in the Construct site you're running it on your desktop/laptop machine, which is much more powerful than a real mobile device and your mobile device generally has much more limited memory resources, which can make a big difference when dealing with large apps that contain lots of images and media resources.

0 Kudos