Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Open-source license for corporate employees

Evgenii_K_
Beginner

I work on an open-source non-profit project. But I am paid corporate employee. For internal builds I can use floating licence. But for GitHub + Travis CI build I need a standalone license.

Is there a legal way to obtain free non-commercial license for Travis CI builds?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

I am looking into your question and will let you know if you qualify for the non-commercial license under the terms of the EULA.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

I got clarification that as long as you (the user) are receiving a salary for using the product, then you do not qualify for the free non-commercial license under the following terms:

If You obtained the Materials under a noncommercial use

license, You may use the Materials only for non-commercial use where You receive no fee,

salary or any other form of compensation. The Materials may not be used for any other

purpose, whether "for profit" or "not for profit." Any work performed or produced as a result of

use of the Materials cannot be performed or produced for the benefit of other parties for a fee,

compensation or any other reimbursement or remuneration.

If you have further questions, you can email Noncomsoftware@intel.com for more details, or check out the FAQ: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/open-source-contributor-faq

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos