Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

PXC3DScan::QueryTrackingTransformation not available

Eduard_R_1
Novice

Hi all,

I am using the 3DScan module and I am trying to access to the camera pose through the method QueryTrackingTransformation. Unfortunately the compiler says:

"PXC3DScan" has no member function "QueryTrackingTransformation"

Anyone with the same problem? Thanks in advance,

Eduard.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Eduard_R_1
Novice

Nobody?

0 Kudos
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Eduard,

Can you find the function "QueryTrackingTransformation" in documents ?

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Eduard_R_1
Novice

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for your response. What do you mean by "documents"? I refer to the function documented in here:

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?querytrackingtransformation_pxc3dscan.html

I installed the Realsense SDK R2 with all the modules. When trying to access to QueryTrackingTransformation from the 3DScan module the compiler says it is not a member function. Shouldn't it be?

Best regards,

Eduard.

0 Kudos
Eduard_R_1
Novice

Any news?

0 Kudos
Bilel_J_Intel
Employee
Hi,
   we need more information in order to investigate this issue, such as RS SDK version, development tool(IDE), target OS(Windows 10?), etc. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Eduard_R_1
Novice

Hi Bilel,

Thanks for your answer. We are using Realsense SDK R2 on windows 10. Our hardware is a Realsense R200 camera and we're using Microsoft Visual Studio as IDE.

We got support directly from Intel Customer Care team, I paste their answer:

"Currently, there is no way to get camera pose information from 3D scan. However, in the next SDK release of the 3D Scan module in about a month, they will add this capability in a function called TransformPointWithTrackingTransform. It will 

"Transform the Point with TrackingTransform which transforms pt from Object/World to Camera Coordinate system."

The function you mentioned: QueryTransformTracking is actually not implemented and is in the documentation by mistake.  Actually, the upcoming function I mentioned above, TransformPointWithTrackingTransform, is the correct and full implementation of QueryTransformTracking.

So, short answer, in about a month the RealSense SDK will support a get-camera-pose type function called TransformPointWithTrackingTransform."

As they mention, the function QueryTrackingTransformation appears in the documentation but it is not implemented. Nevertheless, they mention that they will add another function in newer SDKs called TransformPointWithTrackingTransform with this signature:

virtual  Status PXCAPI TransformPointWithTrackingTransform( PXCPoint3DF32* point ) = 0;

This function will allow us to map points from 3D to 2D but it still hides what is more relevant to most of the developers, the camera pose and the intrinsic parameters of the cameras. It would be very useful to get full access to the cameras used by tracker.

Thank you very much,

Eduard.

0 Kudos
FLeac
Novice

Hello Eduard, could you share the Intel Customer Care contacts?

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Francesco, please create a thread at https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense and Intel Customer Support will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia
Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Eduard_R_1
Novice

Hello Francesco, the incident was tagged as Case #: 01786396  [ ref:_00DU0YT3c._5000PXY5zk:ref ]

The name of the person who helped me was "Jesus". Maybe is the one who just answered in this thread.

Thanks a lot!

Eduard.

0 Kudos