Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parallel Studio Trial Version not working

soumyap
Beginner
I am using Intel Parallel Studio evaluation version. I have followed the getting started guide and compiled the three solutions using Intel C++ compiler. But when I try to run Intel inspector, it is not giving any analysis data.When I tried to run Intel Amplifier it produced an output file which gave the following error. "An error occured during result finalization. The result you are opening does not contain data. An error could have occured during data collection." Can anyone please tell me how to get theevaluation version working fine
My system details are
Processor: Intel Pentium 4
RAM : 1GB
I have both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008. But this problem persists in both the versions.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Abhay_Hegde
Beginner
Quoting - soumyap
I am using Intel Parallel Studio evaluation version. I have followed the getting started guide and compiled the three solutions using Intel C++ compiler. But when I try to run Intel inspector, it is not giving any analysis data.When I tried to run Intel Amplifier it produced an output file which gave the following error. "An error occured during result finalization. The result you are opening does not contain data. An error could have occured during data collection." Can anyone please tell me how to get theevaluation version working fine
My system details are
Processor: Intel Pentium 4
RAM : 1GB
I have both Visual Studio 2005 and 2008. But this problem persists in both the versions.

Hi Soumya, i too faced the same problem . I was able to get through it by deleting all the previous project related files and starting all over again.
This is what i did to get it working, lets see what others have to say :)
0 Kudos
soumyap
Beginner
Quoting - Abhay

Hi Soumya, i too faced the same problem . I was able to get through it by deleting all the previous project related files and starting all over again.
This is what i did to get it working, lets see what others have to say :)

Hi Abhay,
What do u mean by deleting all previous project related files? I cleaned the whole debug folder and tried. But it did not work. I tried creating a new console application with this code. But it is giving linker error with TimegetTime API :(
0 Kudos
Abhay_Hegde
Beginner
Quoting - soumyap

Hi Abhay,
What do u mean by deleting all previous project related files? I cleaned the whole debug folder and tried. But it did not work. I tried creating a new console application with this code. But it is giving linker error with TimegetTime API :(

Post the code here, i will try it in my PC.
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Soumya,
I tried on the Pentium 4 & the Core 2 duo systems but couldn't reproduce the problem.
Could you please do check from VS/Help/About menu and find out if you have the following versions of the components (should be if the Intel Parallel Studio Service pack 1,installation went through fine on your system?):
Intel Parallel Composer Update 3
Intel Parallel Inspector Update 2, (build 75522),
Intel Parallel Amplifier Update 2, (build 76442)

If you find the above versions aren't on your system, please go ahead and uninstall and try a new install of package after re-booting the system just to make sure. If it still persists, please try on another system and see if that's still the case.

Also, please also check the following KB article: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-information-to-provide-when-there-is-an-issue-with-intel-parallel-amplifier/ on more info.

In order to help the product team (Amplifier/Inspector) investigate the issue, please do the following:

1. Zip up the results directories. For ex: results are normally stored under "My Amplifier Results" directory in the SE
2. Also, you can try the following command line execution and zip up the results dir of the run logfiles too:The command line version is by default available under C:Program FilesIntelParallel StudioAmplifierbin32

Example: ampl-runss.exe -r -debug -log-dir -- .exe

The above log files should help product team investigate further, thanks

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Soumya,
Any update from your end? Could you please attach the log files indicated in my previous communication? It'll help the product team to find out what's going on, as we're not able to reproduce in our lab, appreciate much.
-Cheers,
Kittur
0 Kudos