Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 4 not accepting my licence

John_Paine
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to install the update, and successfully enter my licence key but when I get to the stage of selecting the components to install it tells me "Valid licence was not found". According to the registration centre my subscription is valid for this product and active until Jan 2016. How do I fix this? John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

John,

I've sent you the license file. Please copy this file (.lic) over to your license directory:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\ (for 64-bit Windows OS)
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\ (32-bit OS)

and make sure that you don't have any old or outdated licenses files in there. restart the installer which should now propose the activation option "Use existing activation".

Let me know if this helped.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
John_Paine
Beginner
Hi Hubert, Thanks for the revised licence file, but the installer still reports that a valid licence was not found when I get to the stage of selecting components to install. The steps I took were: 1. copied the licence file you provided to the folder: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses 2. removed all old licence files from the folder 3. ran the update installer: parallel_studio_xe_2015_update4_setup.exe 4. selected the "Use existing Activation" option (which pointed to the correct new licence file) Best regards John
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

John,

I can reproduce an error with your license when trying to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Windows* Update 4. Let me check and find a solution or workaround.

Hubert.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

John,

There was a license upgrade required as your version was too old (verison 2011). I've generated the upgrade license and sent the license file to your email. Please have a try with the new license file.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
John_Paine
Beginner
Hi Hubert, The new licence key has worked, so all is good now. Many thanks John
0 Kudos