Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE 2016 Install Failure due to VS2013 Shell

Zachary_P_
Beginner

I registered online, then downloaded and tried to install Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 2 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows but received an error: 

"Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 2 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).
  Windows Installer failed to configure product:
    Error message: An error occured during installation of Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013 Shell. Setup will now exit. 
    Error code: 1603
    File name: ww_vsshell_2013_intel64.msi

Installer logs location: C:\Users\ZACHAR~1.PER\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2016_zachary.perry\2016.04.27_07.44.24_00002fe4\log\

To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

I am running Windows 8.1. I don't have a professional version of Visual Studio but have installed Windows Software Development Kit for Windows 8.1 as stated at "https://software.intel.com/en-us/vs2013shell-windowssdk". I'm unsure how to proceed from here.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Zachary

The best place for such product installation issue is at the product forum:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows

From your error message, you may meet other errors when installing the Visual Studio 2013 Shell.

Please try following:

1. Start installer, select the check-box to no delete the extracted installation folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Download.

2. Exit the installer, from the extracted installation folder, find File name: ww_vsshell_2013_intel64.msi.

3. Run ww_vsshell_2013_intel64.msi mannually and see if any errors?

4. If yes, please fix the error and try again. If no more errors, you can choose to install manually or quit this 2013 Shell installer and restart the Intel Fortran installer again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Zachary_P_
Beginner

I tried that, but it didn't let me install. When double-clicked a window pops up saying "Please launch Setup.exe to install the product."

It also doesn't work to use msiexec.exe in the command prompt. That pops up with a windows installer window "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I'm fairly confident there were no typos in the command prompt and still got this message.

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Zachary

Sorry my bad.

Have you restarted your system after installing Windows 8.1 SDK. This is required.

If still not work, to check the failure reason, please find VS2013 shell setup tool from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Download\parallel_studio_xe_2016_composer_edition_for_fortran_setup\ 

Subfolder:

installs\cmp_and_libs\110\ww_vsshell_2013_isolated\vs_isoshell.exe. (Not *.msi file)

Please have a try and let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos