Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE 2017 Installation Hangs

Norihiko_M_
Beginner

Hello,

I am installing Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on a windows 7 64bit system and during the 'Pre-requisite Issues Summary' after I click 'next' it hangs on 'Checking license configuration (8%)'  It used to get past this screen and now it always gets stuck during this area.  I have gone back to older installations and tried Parallel Studio XE 2016 and 2015 and they all get stuck in this same phase now.  I take those .exe installers to another machine and it gets past it no problem.  I have rebooted the machine several times and the problem persists.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Light_Intel

Thank you for contacting Intel Support. It is possible that you have had many installations before and there are some stale obsolete licenses floating around. But this is only guesswork. In order to know exactly for is going on I need your installation log. Please see: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/where-can-i-find-the-installation-log-files

Once you have the logs please send me a private message and attach the logs.

Regards,
Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Thank you for the installation log. Our installer team is looking at them. I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

You have two configurations for Floating licenses (license server configurations) on your machine:
                C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\1574_USE_SERVER.lic
                C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\USE_SERVER.lic

The installer tries to connect to the license server to validate the floating license but cannot do it due to one of the following reasons: no network connection, license server is down. Attempting to establish connection to the license server takes a lot of time. This is the reason it takes such a long time to check the license by installer on this machine and why it hangs.

What you can do on this machine:

1. Verify that server configuration (host name , port name) is correct in files: 
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\1574_USE_SERVER.lic
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\USE_SERVER.lic

2. Or just remove these two files from machine and set the environment variable to point to the license file on the server. See: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-set-intel-license-file-environment-variable

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Issue had been resolved. If you have similar issue please start a new thread.

0 Kudos