Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Parse error when installing .apk

Henk_M_
Beginner

I have an Android Build apk. The build is going fine (Build Complete). The .apk is about 16 Mb.

But when I download the apk from my website with Firefox or Chrome and install it after it's downloaded I keep getting the error 'Parse error. There's a problem at parsing the package' (translated to English from Dutch).

Anybody an idea what causes this? I'm completely stuck.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

There could be at minimum three things that could contribute to this error:

1. The version number
  2. The code
  3. The name of the .apk file

Try renaming the .apk file (make sure to back up the older version) and see if that helps. My guess is that it has something to do with the name of the apk.

If it still does not work, then you can eliminate the name of the apk file as the source of the problem and start investigating 2) by rebuilding your old version and see if you have same problem again. If the problem does not exists with the rebuilt version of your old code then you know it must be something to do with your code.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Henk -- you must click the "signed" box to install the app onto your device. The message you are receiving is typical of an "unsigned" build. You only use the "unsigned" option if you plan to sign the APK manually. Even if you side-load you must sign the APK.

0 Kudos
Henk_M_
Beginner

Problem solved. The file that's being download after clicking on the 'download' icon in Intel XDK is NOT an .apk file but a .zip file.

0 Kudos
Henk_M_
Beginner

Hello

I am trying to upload a newer version of an existing app on Google Play but receive an error. See below.

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 29:92:89:E1:B9:7F:9B:18:CB:87:F6:F5:28:3B:3A:F8:83:9C:CE:F0 ]

and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: DF:FF:51:88:7A:BD:AB:15:DC:46:DF:1E:97:4D:AB:6E:92:F0:97:B9 ]

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Henk

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you upgraded from a pre-March version (older than 3088) to the post-March version of the XDK (3088 or later) there was an opportunity to convert your "legacy" Android certificate. You must use that converted certificate to build your app in order to insure that your updated app is accepted by the Google Play store. If you downloaded and then deleted that converted legacy cert, please import the legacy cert you downloaded and use it.

Please see this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#keystore < and the links is points to for additional details.

0 Kudos