Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Plugin cordova-plugin-fcm (contains gradle scripts)

Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am trying to create an app using the cordova-plugin-fcm. I noticed that this plugin contais gradle scripts.

To use that, I follow the https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/cordova#push-plugin-fix FAQ, but, no success. The build finish with an error.

Is there a way to use this plugin in XDK? I couldn´t find any other that does the same thing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Hamilton -- unfortunately, our "gradle fix" is only for one specific issue, which is described in the FAQ. The gradle script being used in that plugin is different, so removing it will not help, and our build system will reject that plugin because it contains the gradle script. The only way to use that plugin is to install Cordova CLI locally, on your system, along with the supporting build tools, and build the app yourself using Cordova CLI. It's possible PhoneGap Build allows plugin gradle scripts, I don't know because I haven't checked in a long time.

When we deploy our "isolated" build system for Android this restriction will go away, but until then, this is a limitation of our build system.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Hi Paul --> thanks for the explanation. I know that you can´t say anything about date for a new release, but this issue? In other hands, is this isolated build been worked? We can expected this condition in some next releases? Or is a matter for future discussion?

I am asking this because I see some plugins with this condition (gradle script) and it is a great barrier to use them.

PS: I don´t have idea what "gradle script" means...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Hamilton -- we are working on an updated build system that will allow the use of plugins that contain gradle scripts, so it is something that is in process. Even if I could tell you when it would be available I wouldn't be able to tell you, because it is still in development. However, it is something that I have been pushing hard to get finished, because this restriction does impact a growing number of plugins.

0 Kudos
Geoff_at_CFM
Beginner

I just discovered that the latest barcode scanner (6.01) also uses gradle. Reverting to the previous version 4.x allows the build to continue.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Paul> You is right. I made a new test: I create a new project, installed Framework7 (closed XDK and reopened because the installation never ends). No library was added. Then, I started to insert some elements to lay-out. When I looked again, the library is present. Thats OK! Thanks.

The only issue is that the installation never ends.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Geoff> Thanks for the suggestion. It is a good idea to check old versions to solve that issue. Unfortunately ths plugin that I need (FCM) does not have old versions. 

0 Kudos
Navin_Kumar_P_
Beginner

Hi Hamilton: Were you able to implement FCM on your app? I am at a similar situation and trying to find a solution to implement FCM on my project. Thanks in advance for any info you may be able to share on this.

0 Kudos
saintuh_k_
Beginner

I am facing same problem, Plugin cordova-plugin-fcm contains gradle scripts, Any solution available  from Intel?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Navin> I am using OneSignal instead that plugin: https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/intel-xdk-setup

I released my app with this resource last week. I am testing yet...

0 Kudos
Pablo_O_
Beginner

Hi, Hamilton, im in the same problem, with my APP on GooglePlay, i try to use FCM FireBase Notification, and try tu use OneSignal. but i cant connect my APP with the Server.

Did you find a solution with the Script to connect the APP?

I write the code in INIT-APP.js, in the Index page like a <script> </script>, in separate build  .JS , i try with different code i found in Internet.
now i working in a new experiment, incorporaing the code of google-services.json (i take it from FireBase) in to xdk-publish-meta-data.json

0 Kudos
Pablo_O_
Beginner

nop. Does not Work...
01.png02.png04.png05.png

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Pablo> it seems that one plugin is missing; I installed 2: 

plugins.jpg

I am testing with an app and I already have some users in the Onesignal pannel:

usuarios.jpg

I am waiting Apple releases this version to test in iOS (with testflight does not yet).

0 Kudos
Navin_Kumar_P_
Beginner

@Hamilton: Thanks for the feedback. I did check out on OneSignal. But looks like to use the service free, they keep track of the user data and share with Marketing companies. While I do not know what kind of information is kept track of, my client does not prefer that route. So, I guess i need to wait until Intel comes up with a support to gradle scripts. For now, i am going ahead with the legacy server provided by FCM which I suppose is essentially GCM.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Navin> I agree with you. I am using OneSignal as emergency solution. I'm hoping Intel will release a new version with Grades support, which, I hope, will come soon.

0 Kudos
Dmitry_P_2
Beginner

I am also joining in to this request.
Please let us know when such plugins can be used with Intel XDK.
Currently the Android builds fail with this error:

Error: Plugin FCMPlugin cannot be added. The plugin contains Gradle scripts.

0 Kudos