Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Positive experiences using the Intel GMA 4500MHD graphics

lashram
Beginner
What I would like to know is if there are any individuals besides myself that has had a positive experience with the integrated Intel GMA 4500MHD graphic chip. I would also like to know what computer setup you have. I built a custom laptop that came with this chipset and prior to purchasing it I read several unfavorable reviews. I have been able to sucessfully run several of my favorite games on this chipset with out loweringthe details. I have been able to run almost all of my favorite games at the highest settings. I have an Intel MacBook with the Nvidia chipset in it and I did not notice much of a difference in the graphic quality of my games in comparison to the Intel GMA 4500MHD. I have not had any major issues with this chipset at all. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, an Intel core2duo T7100 processor and 4 GB of Ram. I would like to know if anyone else has had a positive experience using this chipset.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
qals
Beginner

Hi there,

Actually I had a posstive and also a negative experience using the GMA 4500MHD graphic chip, it is good in some game I played, but the effect was not as good as other graphic such as ATI or Nvidia, specially when I tried playing the Counter Strike, the game was running smoothly, but for the visual its too bad, the distance/range was not showing the real texture, enemy just shown up as a cloudy colours, also the environment, but when its come closer it will appear as it were, for other graphic the view range/distance does not effect the appearance. This graphic chip perfectly working on warcraft III, DoTA, but getting very slow when I play the Need for speed (Undercover). CMIIW

Is there any possibility to increase the dedicated share memory in this graphic? am running the game on Win 7 with 64MB minimum dedicated memory.

Thanks

0 Kudos
parasitus
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to run a blog on Promotional Codes and Free Delivery Codes at the minute and going to have to edit loots of hgh-quality images using my GMA 4500. I just hope that I won't be dissapointed.

Thanks for this review!

0 Kudos
piratesmvp04
Beginner

I have had a mostly positive experience with my 4500mhd (specifically, Mobile Series 4) as far as gaming is concerned. Here's the games I've played or tried:

Madden 08
NHL 07
MVP Baseball 2005 (with the MVP 08 mod)
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth I
Lord of the Rings Conquest
MLB 2k9 Demo

Framerate is pretty smooth for all of them except Conquest where I get in the mid-teens with EVERYTHING on low. MLB 2k9 demo runs ok as long as I put most things on low. I can pump up the shaders and textures without noticeable performance loss.

The trick I've found is to use the latest Intel drivers with this card. Regardless of what the OEM or Intel tells you, the generic drivers are always better with gaming. The new driver from Intel features an option to use Software Processing for the Vertex shaders. When I use this setting, I see huge improvements in performance. It doesn't make a 20 FPS game go to 60 FPS, but it does improve it probably by at least 5 FPS on some games. When the framerate is already bad to begin with, that's enough to make a difference.

0 Kudos