Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problem building IOS app using default template - runs fine on Android

Adri_v_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to build a HTML5/Cordova project with phaser for iOS using the standard template for it.

It fails however and the feedback is limited to

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.
Build Log:
Building a Cordova 5.1.1 application.
The application name is "PixxToy"
The package name is "n-vision.nl.pixxtoy"

There is no link to a log file or anything, so this is not very helpful.

Note that this same (default) project is building fine for Android ! (and the app runs on my tablet)

Maybe it has something to do with the certificate, because without one, the build at least continues until it stops with an error - but then, there's at least a link to a log file.

That certificate has been used successfully for another app I made with the XDK however, so that being the cause of the error seems unlikely.

suggestions anyone ?

thanks !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adri_v_
Beginner

oops - this should be in the 'normal' XDK forum (not pre release)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Adri, are you still seeing this issue on iOS builds? Do you have a valid build cert and mobileprovision file?

0 Kudos
Adri_v_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I found the solution somewhere else on the forum : downgrading the Cordova version to 4.1.2 fixes this issue and my app now runs fine on iOS.

But everyone who's not aware of this will encounter this issue of course..

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This could be an app ID issue, the Cordova project made them more restrictive with the CLI 5 release, we've asked them to back off on those restrictions, but I'm not sure when that will get implemented.

0 Kudos