Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problem with RealSense F200 Camera (Post-Installation!)

Chia-Hang_C_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I was able to successfully complete the Intel RealSense F200 Camera installation the first time around. This means that the camera was successfully detected on Device Manager, and I was able to run the programs on the Intel RealSense SDK Sample Browser.

However, in the subsequent few tries, I could no longer run the sample programs. I found that occasionally the camera would be detected in the Device Manager, but for the most part it could not be detected. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem with my camera itself, or maybe I did something wrong during the initial installation?

Even when the camera is detected in Device Manager, I sometimes still cannot run the sample programs. See the photo below.

Intel RealSense Devices.png

I believe everything that should be detected under "Imaging Devices" has been detected, and yet when I run the programs, I get the message "Init Failed" or "Device Failure." Therefore, even though the computer detects the camera, the Intel RealSense programs do not.

Does anyone know where the problem is? I am extremely flustered right now because no one else seems to be having this issue, else I wold have found a forum post regarding this. I am also rushing a deadline for a project involving RealSense, so PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!! Thank you.

P.S. The audio programs on the SDK Sample Browser work fine (as you can see in the photo above, the RealSense microphone has been detected). The only problem is with the camera and visuals.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

There are a variety of solutions to try for this problem.

Since you were able to run the sample programs successfully the first time, I'll assume that your PC meets the RealSense ideal specification (e.g using Windows 8.1 or newer, with the camera plugged into a USB 3.0 port, and an Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor chip that is 4th generation or newer).

I'll also assume that since the camera still did not work when you rebooted the PC, it is not an issue with Windows 8.1's power-saving settings reducing power to the USB port if the PC is left idle for a certain time.

A lot of people have found that their unreliable Device Manager detection was solved if they bought a mains-powered USB 3 hub device to plug their camera into instead of plugging it directly into the PC and drawing the camera power from the PC instead of the mains.

Another quick thing to try is opening the Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Del and going to the Services section of its options, then finding the RealSense Depth Camera Module (DCM) in the list - it may bel isted as 'RealSenseDCM' - and restarting it.

If you have a non-RealSense USB webcam also plugged in, I'd recommend unplugging that to ensure that it is not conflicting with the RealSense camera.

If you try using the RealSense camera with a non-RealSense live video application, such as video chat in a messenger program like Skype, and you get a video picture, that would confirm that the basic RGB video functions are working, even if the advanced features like tracking are not.  In applications that use audio and ordinary non-interactive video, the RealSense camera is treated like a basic webcam.

Another approach is to try downgrading the USB drivers to Windows 7 ones.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/561690

I'm sure other people on this forum will have suggestions to add for things to try.

0 Kudos
Shivang_D_
Beginner

Hi Chia-Hang,

Were you able to make your camera work. I am facing simiral issues and cant seem to find solution for it.

I have a Windows 8.1 Pro (64x) installed and the camera worked on other computer with intel i3 and 4 GB ram. RGB of the camera is working and all 3 are showing in the Device manager but the samples that came with SDK are not working.

Any help is much aprreciated.

Thanks,

Shivang

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

While Marty has offered a lot of ways to debug the issue, what I have seen is that sometimes the camera just caves in. I was working on my camera without any issues for a month straight and suddenly I encountered the same issue, although I did not have time to debug it so I got it replaced (was working with Intel, so had no issues with the replacement), I do recommend pushing this mode of action as the last resort.

0 Kudos