Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problem with soft keyboard over android

Carlos_G_2
Novice

Hi everyone.

I need some help with soft keyboard over android. I have a view with a form in it but, when I use the keyboard, it push the view and made everything smaller.

I search on internet many solutions and I found something that I can use without using any plugin, it's about setting the preferences on "intelxdk.config.additions.xml" and the preferences are:

- <preference name="fullscreen" value="false">
- <preference name="android-windowSoftInputMode" value="adjustPan">

Everything works fine over Intel Debbuger in my Android Tablet (with App Preview), but, when I build the APK file and run it in the same tablet doesn't work and the view is resized smaller again.

Screenshot_2016-06-16-13-15-15.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-16-13-14-10.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_G_2
Novice

Thanks to all for your patience.

with the help of Rakshith we have figured it out what was causing the problem.

My content styles were set up with viewport width (vw) and height (vh) values. So, each time the keyboard was displayed my viewport shrinked along with all the elements that has been set with viewport values.

In order to fix it, I just add new properties and set the values in pixels, so my code went from:

height: 10vh;

to:

min-height: 30px;
max-height: 400px; 

I want to thank again to Rakhshith for that advice.

I hope this works for anyone else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

In the build settings for android, there is option "Optimize with Crosswalk", can you try building with and without this option, and let me us know if you are seeing this issue on both or not?

0 Kudos
Carlos_G_2
Novice

Hello Mr. Rakshith, thank you for your help.

I was building the project with the Crosswalk activated (and did not know it), so, all the images before were with this option activated.

Unfortunately, when I deactivate this option and build the APK, the view was still shrink and the elements where moved with and without the keyboard.

Is there another way to solve this issue??

Kind regards.

PS. I submit an screenshot from my Android Tablet after deactivate the Crosswalk option.

Screenshot_2016-06-17-10-51-29.png

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

Can u send me your sample project as zip via private message? i will take a look

0 Kudos
Carlos_G_2
Novice

Hello, Rakshith.

Last friday I sent you a private message but I not sure if I did correctly because in my dashboard I can not see it.

I'm going to try it again, please let me know if you received my private message.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Carlos, there is no PM. To send a PM, click on the "Send Author a Message" link on any post from Rakshith.

0 Kudos
Carlos_G_2
Novice

Hello Pamela.

I used that option to send a message to Rakshith, the one that is located next to his name on his response. Nevertheless, I can not see the message on my dashboard, That is why I am not sure if it was send correctly.

Thanks for the info, im going to try it again.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

I got the message with attachment, will investigate and let you know.

0 Kudos
Carlos_G_2
Novice

Thanks to all for your patience.

with the help of Rakshith we have figured it out what was causing the problem.

My content styles were set up with viewport width (vw) and height (vh) values. So, each time the keyboard was displayed my viewport shrinked along with all the elements that has been set with viewport values.

In order to fix it, I just add new properties and set the values in pixels, so my code went from:

to:

min-height: 30px;
max-height: 400px; 

I want to thank again to Rakhshith for that advice.

I hope this works for anyone else.

0 Kudos