Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Processing Framework Not Linking To RealSense Library On Exporting (Early Submission Req)

simsam7
Beginner

Hi,

I thought it would be fun to try and use the Processing Framework for at least the initial submission (early submission), and I've got the basics to work nicely when running inside Processing.

However, the early submission requirement is to export everything to a stand-alone application. I've found that when using the export function in Processing to create a stand-alone application, the code executes, but the RealSense SDK is never initialized properly no matter where I put all of the library files.

This is the error I'm getting: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no libpxcclr.jni in java.library.path

Is anyone else experiencing this? Did the Intel team ever check to see that the Processing implementation of the SDK works properly when exported as a stand-alone application?

Hoping this is an easy fix & that I'm just missing something obvious here :-)

Thanks!

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Please go ahead and submit and in the documentation, make very clear that the SDK and Processing 2.2.1 must be installed as packaging was not working. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Please go ahead and submit and in the documentation, make very clear that the SDK and Processing 2.2.1 must be installed as packaging was not working. 

0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

Thank you Colleen, much appreciated!!

0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

Early submission done! :-)

0 Kudos
Hendra_K_
Beginner

I was having the same problem with processing, but I already submitted the package with processing inside. Hoping there's a solution for this, because I will continue using processing for my app development until the final submission

0 Kudos
Mariana_C_
Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem.
This means that while the code in .pde working properly, the application generated with this code does not work.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks!
mariana
0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

Hi Hendra & Mariana!

Well, at least we now know that we all have the same issue. I simply zipped up the whole folder with my project and .pde, nothing else I could do given the timeframe. 

I spent a TON of time trying to resolve this, and eventually realized that I just had to move on, thankfully Intel said it's OK, as long as we specify that the Processing packaging process did not work with the SDK, and made sure to mention that the SDK and Processing would be required to make it run.

I still haven't found a solution, but it must be possible to get it to work somehow, since just like your code, mine runs just fine inside Processing. I've played around with Processing before, it's like code candy, such a lot of cool things you can do in just a couple of lines, but I've also seen that it can be picky when it comes to linking to other libraries. 

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos
Mariana_C_
Beginner

HI,I had the same problem when I worked with the Kinect and openCV libraries in Processing 2. Then, I tried to generate the application using Processing 1.5.1 and it worked! Before I changed all the code and libraries for P1.5.1 :)
I think that the problem is related to the 32-bit / 64-bit

Cheers

mariana

0 Kudos
Mariana_C_
Beginner

RGB image ???

Hi Processing users,

I have another question about this library: When I try to access the RGB Image following the java code example for face tracking. To access height and width of the image it will be using the word color and Processing does not accept this, color is a reserved word.
Did you try it? do you have a solution?

thanks

mariana

0 Kudos
Hendra_K_
Beginner

Hi Mariana and sam, I think I am gonna try using mariana's method.are you generating the app with  64 bit machine or 32 bit machine?

I've already try open the build.bat file from the libpxcclr_processing library, then i set the path correctly and execute the build.bat with no errors. but still I cannot launch the .exe, it launch a Java error.

Regards

Hendra

0 Kudos
Mariana_C_
Beginner

Hi Processing folk!

do someone had  succues with sketchs calling RGB Image or Face Landmarks?

I cann not accede anything :(

Regards

Mariana

0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

Hi Mariana & Hendra!

I haven't tried getting any Face Landmarks with Processing, but you can get to the Image using the code from the HandTracking example:

PXCMCapture.Sample sample = senseMgr.QueryHandSample();

if (sample.depth != null) {
        PXCMImage.ImageData dData = new PXCMImage.ImageData();
        sample.depth.AcquireAccess(PXCMImage.Access.ACCESS_READ,PXCMImage.PixelFormat.PIXEL_FORMAT_RGB32, dData);
        imgDepth = dData.ToPImage(0, imgDepth); 
        sample.depth.ReleaseAccess(dData);
        image(imgDepth, 0,0);
    }

imgDepth.loadPixels(); 

Haven't seen any updates on the packaging of the Processing code though, and I'm still having the same issue.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
Mariana_C_
Beginner

@Sam Thank you for the code!

I'm working in OF now...

0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

Adding libpxcclr.jni.dll to the same folder as the exported exe (so, outside of the 'lib' folder where it is copied to by default), makes the exported project work.

:-)

0 Kudos