Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Projection function leaking memory C++

IEBEI
Novice

Hi Guys,

I think

PXCProjection::CreateColorImageMappedToDepth()

has a memory leak, 

I am using it this way in my loop and the memory is just building up after isolation i realized that it is probably this function

PXCImage *mapped_image = projection->CreateColorImageMappedToDepth(sample->depth,sample->color)

Please let me know how can I clean up after and weather I am not using the function the right way.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jb455
Valued Contributor II

In C#, I can call mapped_image.Dispose() to clear the object when I'm finished with it - is that an option in C++?

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Islam,

1) Please specify DCM and SDK version that you use.

2) Please attach short reproduction code that contains your issue.

0 Kudos
IEBEI
Novice

Hi guys, 

Thank you for you prompt response,

Sorry it was my bad I did not release the image after usage.

0 Kudos
Anastasia_T_
Beginner

Hello,

I have found the memory leak still persists in newest version of RealSense SDK (intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r6_8.0.24.6528)."

When I run the provided code sample "...RSSDK/sample/DF_Projection/",  and choose "CreateColorImageMappedToDepth" from the user interface, the task manager of my PC reports 100MB increase of memory consumption every second, till the used memory reaches 1.6Gb, afterwards the mapped image stops updating.

Could you please fix this in the next release or give me a link to the previous release the does not have this memory leak? 

There is no memory leak in CreateDepthImageMappedToColor, but I cannot use it instead in my application, I need CreateColorImageMappedToDepth without a memory leak.

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

Anastasia

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Anastasia,

Please specify OS and DCM version that you use.

0 Kudos