Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Question On Simulate Tab Images

Michael_B_1
Beginner

I wanted to know if I could use images generated on the simulated tab of the app in use for making a tutorial for my users on how to use the app I am creating.  I wanted to crop the images with photoshop for a slideshow, and/or make a video tutorial online with the generated app image cropped in a video. No logos or anything beyond the image generated by me taking a screencap directly on my phone would appear. 

It would be great for me as I could use a simulated device that is more common with my customers, that I do not possess. I understand though that the images are simulated and in app usage would differ, but it would still be very convenient, and I am very much interested in doing it.

If not, I would still like to thank the team at Intel for creating this software. It has made app development easier, and has definitely generated a large number developers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yes, you can make screenshots of the product and the simulate app and reuse them, as long as they are for instructional uses or documentation.

0 Kudos
Michael_B_1
Beginner

The video would be free, online and for instructional use, but I plan to sell the app on  app stores. Does this make a difference?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Not a problem, because the images you are capturing are of your app, you can whatever you like with those images.

0 Kudos