Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

R1995 - Live Layout Editing missed FireFox/Chrome buttons ?

jC
Beginner

Hi,

I just showned the the live preview editing using FF/Chrome are not presents anymore !?

Is that a bug or a modification ? I was using firefox to grabb all the requierd screenshots for all appstores, so i can't do it anymore and it's a big pain to do those things!! (or have you some ideas we can use to do all screenshots at all native resolutions requierd)

By the way : A good feature should be a screenshot button/option that ouput a screenshot of the emulated screen in some configurable resolutions, one click, 10 screenshots.

thanks

jC

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

It's still there, but now it only works with Standard HTML projects, not with HTML+Cordova projects, cf: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/557840

Live Layout Editing (aka live preview) in Google Chrome* or Mozillia Firefox* browsers is allowed for Standard HTML5 project types, but is not allowed for HTML5+Cordova project types. This change allows the Intel XDK to improve browser Live Layout Editing support for Standard HTML5 app projects.

0 Kudos
jC
Beginner

OK, i understand, too bad that was my only working solution for taking screenshots of my apps... i don't know how i will do that in the future...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can take a screenshot on a real device. Most Android devices will screenshot when you push the power button and volume down at the same time for about two seconds. On an iOS device hold the power button and the home button for a few seconds.

Also, you can take a screenshot in the Emulate tab, set the background color in the Emulate tab to something garish and you can then turn that color into the transparent color in the image. That's why that background color option is there. :)

0 Kudos
Kirtan_S_1
New Contributor I

To take a screenshot, on windows, you can use the Snipping Tool, a built-in windows program,
and on a Mac, you can just do Command+Shift+4, and choose the area you want to take a screenshot of.

0 Kudos
jC
Beginner

@Kirtan S. : Yes i'm aware of that, but apple wan't screenshots of the app at the real device resolution!

@Paul : I can't have all iphone 4, 5, 6, 6plus, ipad, ipad2 to take all the requierd screenshots!, And actually, taking a screenshot in the emulator does not take at the real device resolution!!!

As Apple can reject your app if you don't have enought screenshot in a lot of resolution, it's a pain!, and as the success of an app is better if good screenshots are proposed!

That kind of feature would be greatly apreciated in the emulator , i mean adding a "take a screenshot button" using the native resolution of the device (not the CSS pixel ratio-ized one that we have on screen, i mean an iphone 6plus is 1242*1208 not 414*736 as rendered in the emulator, if we stretch, the screenshot will be poor quality).

Using firefox i was able to use the "adaptive view" feature of the web tdeveloppement toolbars where i can set all the requierd resolutions and quickly switch between them and use the one click screenshot button! CF attachment.

0 Kudos